|snarrymod (snarrymod) wrote in snarry_games,|
@ 2008-09-28 23:39:00
|Entry tags:||interviews, team phoenix|
CHAMPION INTERVIEW # 17 - Venturous!
We welcome another newcomer to the Games:
Your Name: venturous
Your Team: Phoenix
1. Which HP character gives you the most trouble to draw?
Hmmm, probably the ones I never go near! Actually, I have discovered that it is hard for me to draw the younger characters. My ability to draw children is feeble at best! (Soon to improve, I fervently hope, as I have an assignment with 10 yr old Harry!)
2. What was the first fandom you ever produced art for?
V for Vendetta was my first intense adult fandom experience. That movie (as well as the graphic novel) are already so beautifully visual, that what I tried to illustrate didn't satisfy (er, wasn't very good!), so I painted the energy and mystical experiences that I had. I have one (unfinished)portait painting of V, a few very strange drawings and a number of expressionistic works on paper.
3. Has your experience in fandom changed the way you do art? How?
RU kidding? I have been seized by the throat by a demanding muse who I adore, and I am so grateful for the high quality motivation, I happily obey.
4. In a Snape/Harry/(Your team's Mascot) cage match, who wins?
They all rise together, transforming everything in their path.
5. What are your favourite mediums to work with?
Oil paint! With pencil/photoshop running a close second these days. And charcoal, I love the feel of it.
6. What do you consider your strongest talent? Your weakest?
I have a lot of experience with traditional media, and a strong sense of colour.
My skill at portrait, character, likeness and expression have some serious deficiencies, but are getting stronger every day. I consider fandom to be my self-appointed MFA in illustration and portraiture.
7. Is there a piece of art that you think is your absolute best so far? Would you link it for us?
Well, I worked really hard on this one, and was almost pleased:
The World: HARRY'S TRIUMPH
and I love how this came out: