|snarrymod (snarrymod) wrote in snarry_games,|
@ 2008-09-18 22:08:00
|Entry tags:||interviews, team phoenix|
CHAMPION INTERVIEW # 7 - Nahimana!
We welcome another veteran back to the Games:
Your Name: nahimana
Your Team: Team Phoenix, FTW!
Archive: (optional) Best to go to My LJ
1. Which HP character gives you the most trouble to draw?
Snape, actually. Most males are frustrating, if not difficult. I find it much easier to draw females, but I prefer to draw males because I tend to like male HP characters more.
2. What was the first fandom you ever produced art for?
Harry Potter. I’ve been in the fandom for 7 years, and it’s my first fandom. Although, I guess I drew some Winnie the Pooh when I was a kid…
3. Has your experience in fandom changed the way you do art? How?
Absolutely. The opportunity to chat with other artists and learn from them has helped me to improve a lot, I think.
4. In a Snape/Harry/(Your team's Mascot) cage match, who wins?
Snape, of course. He’s a Slytherin, he fights dirty, unlike those Gryffindors. (I see Phoenixes as Gryffindors – what does this say about me?!)
5. What are your favourite mediums to work with?
Well, I’m really enjoying playing around with my tablet and digital art at the moment, but I also really love plain old pencil and paper. There’s something very satisfying about starting with a blank piece of paper and ending up with a drawing.
6. What do you consider your strongest talent? Your weakest?
I love drawing eyes – I’m not sure if it’s my best, but it certainly is the part I enjoy the most. When I am just doodling, if I’m bored, or have nothing to do, I always draw eyes. My weakest – well, I think feet are extremely difficult to draw. And noses. But my main problem is laziness/lack of time. If I had more time to practice, I’m sure I’d be better, so I am planning on finding more time soon!
7. Is there a piece of art that you think is your absolute best so far? Would you link it for us?
This one of Lily I quite like. It's my most recent, so I think it's probably my best.
8. What (or who) inspires you in Fandom?
Other artists, a particularly brilliant fic (too many to even begin to name!), fanmixes/music in general.
9. Fanfic writers often say the best compliment they can get for their stories is unsolicited fanart. What would you consider the highest form of compliment for your fanart?
Unsolicited fanfic! But I just love to hear that people enjoy it, really. Anyone who has any form of emotional reaction to a piece of art which they feel important enough to share... it’s fantastic!
10. Are you excited about being in the Games this year?
Of course!! I had so much fun last year, I’m thrilled to be back again this year, especially with such inspiring team mates and such amazingly supportive mods!
Thank you, nahimana! Stay tuned for more Champion Interviews, and some Opening Games surprises!