|snarrymod (snarrymod) wrote in snarry_games,|
@ 2008-09-16 00:12:00
|Entry tags:||interviews, team dragon|
CHAMPION INTERVIEW # 4 - Hibiscus!
We welcome back for her THIRD games:
Your Name: Gina (__hibiscus)
Your Team: Team Dragon
1. Which HP character gives you the most trouble to draw?
Any of the older characters! Almost everyone I draw ends up looking like they're the same age. Which is why I try and avoid drawing characters not of school age. :P
2. What was the first fandom you ever produced art for?
Sailor Moon. I drew Sailor Moon fanart waaay before I started anything with HP. I didn't even know that what I was drawing was fanart. The same thing goes with fanfic. I wrote self-insertion Mary-Sue Sailor Moon fanfic when I was younger. But let's not get into that...
3. Has your experience in fandom changed the way you do art? How?
Yes, my fandom experiences have definitely changed my art. Before fandom, I didn't know what to draw and how to draw it. But being surrounded by other people's creativity and imagination, whether it be in the form of fanfic or fanart, has inspired me to adapt a "style" that's comfortable and that suits me as a person.
4. In a Snape/Harry/(Your team's Mascot) cage match, who wins?
Harry. He's just awesome like that.
5. What are your favourite mediums to work with?
Pencil, Microns and Photoshop.
6. What do you consider your strongest talent? Your weakest?
In general? I'm an awesome baker but a seriously lousy singer. In terms of fanart, I really like my lines but hate that I can't draw facial expressions. My faces are so blank!
7. Is there a piece of art that you think is your absolute best so far? Would you link it for us?
I'm really happy with The Silver Doe, my submission for last year's Games. :D And I really really like how the following turned out: Geisha!Ron, Ron and Beautiful.
8. What (or who) inspires you in Fandom?
Other fanartists, mostly. ♥! Their beautiful art highlights such awesome talent and creativity that it seeing it makes me want to be just as talented and creative as they are. I count myself successful if what I can produce is even half as good as what they come up with.
9. Fanfic writers often say the best compliment they can get for their stories is unsolicited fanart. What would you consider the highest form of compliment for your fanart?
The opposite? :P If a writer becomes so inspired by the art that they write fic for it.
10. Are you excited about being in the Games this year?
Dude, yeah! Thanks for the awesomeness that is the Snarry Games!
Thank you, __hibiscus! Stay tuned for more Champion Interviews!