|snarrymod (snarrymod) wrote in snarry_games,|
@ 2008-09-12 23:47:00
|Entry tags:||interviews, team phoenix|
CHAMPION INTERVIEW # 1 - Tripperfunster!
Hello, friends of Snarry!
Every year, we start the Games off with a little 'getting to know you' exercise, where we interview our Team Champions (and Alternates), and post the interviews for you to read and comment on.
We begin posting them now, and will continue to do so daily until the Games begin. Please feel free to check out our Team Champions, and what they have to say regarding the Harry Potter characters they like drawing the least, who inspires them, and whether or not Snape or Harry could kick their Team Mascot's ass.
Your Name: tripperfunster
Your Team: Phoenix!
1. Which HP character gives you the most trouble to draw?
Hagrid. I suck at him. I don't find Harry hard to draw, but he's never consistent. My Snape usually turns out like I picture him in my head, but Harry looks different every time.
2. What was the first fandom you ever produced art for?
Rocky Horror, back in highschool? There was no internet back then, so it was hardly the same.
3. Has your experience in fandom changed the way you do art?
How? I only began drawing when I joined the HP fandom. If not for this, I wouldn't draw at all.
4. In a Snape/Harry/(Your team's Mascot) cage match, who wins?
Buzh? I'm not sure I understand the question. Like, a three-way fight? Probably Harry, since he's got that horseshoe up his arse.
5. What are your favourite mediums to work with?
Traditional. Right now it's ink, but I love pencils and pastels too. One day I'll get brave and try paint.
6. What do you consider your strongest talent?
I assume we're talking about art and not my wicked drum solos... Portrature is strongest, background and/or anything linear = weakest.
7. Is there a piece of art that you think is your absolute best so far? Would you link it for us?
I am very proud of my portrait of Dumbledore done for hp_artproject http://tripperfunster.deviantart.com/ar
8. What (or who) inspires you in Fandom?
Lots of writers inspire me to draw, joanwilder and dementordelta were some of the first (and still the best) but of course, other artists inspire and encourage me to be a better artist. Specific artists who inspire me are glockgal, chibitoaster euclase (house fandom) and a new friend, thanfiction are all amazing, and very generous with their advice, comments and praise.
9. Fanfic writers often say the best compliment they can get for their stories is unsolicited fanart. What would you consider the highest form of compliment for your fanart?
Well, obviously, having unsolicited fanfic is always nice! :D I find it very gratifying when someone whom I respect, and admire in fandom, takes the time to comment on my art. I've made some great friends through 'mutual admiration' and I'm so happy in this fandom. I dabble elsewhere, but HP (and specifically Snarry) seems to have the greatest people! /kissing up
10. Are you excited about being in the Games this year?
No, I'm pretty ho-hum about the whole thing. NOT! :D :D :D 111!!111eleventy
Thank you, tripperfunster!
Stay tuned tomorrow for our first Team Dragon Interview!