|snarrymod (snarrymod) wrote in snarry_games,|
@ 2008-04-26 18:43:00
|Entry tags:||interviews, team dragon|
CHAMPION INTERVIEW #48, Team Dragon Member, Centaury_Squill!
Your Name (lj and/or Penname): centaury_squill
Archive link(s): My Insane Journal
Your Team: Dragon
1. 'Canon compliant' is a hot button topic in Harry Potter fandom (thanks to all the 'After-Book Specials' JKR is hosting). What is your definition?
As far as I am concerned 'canon' consists of the seven published books (plus possibly the two specials written in aid of Comic Relief). Any additional information provided by JKR may be interesting, but it's not canon. Especially not if it explicitly states that Snape is dead! I'm quite happy with the plot holes in Deathly Hallows which allow him to slip through and stay alive.
2. Has fanfic influenced your writing? If yes, was it a particular story you can name for us?
Fanfic has influenced me to the extent that it has started me writing again after many years. I don't know that it has influenced my style at all, apart from the introduction of pr0n. *laughs* Never underestimate the Power of Pr0n.
3. What element(s) about the relationship between Snape and Harry do you find most intriguing?
The whole chemistry between them.
4. How would Severus Snape find your team mascot most useful?
Um, guarding his potions cupboard from the depredations of light-fingered students and house elves? And of course we all know that dragon semen is a powerful aphrodisiac *cough*.
5. What would you consider your greatest strength in writing?
I like to think I tell a good tale.
6. Is there something your beta(s) constantly catch you doing?
I've often been accused of perpetrating cliff-hangers (and not just by betas!)
7. Have you ever collaborated/partnered with another author or artist? If yes, please describe it for us. If no, would you consider it?
No, and I think I'm too possessive about my writing to collaborate easily with another author.
Collaboration with an artist, now that might work. Graphic novel, anyone?
8. Now that canon is complete, do you find it more freeing or less when it comes to writing or enjoying fanfic/fanart?
To be honest, I don't think it makes much difference. Fandom has always shown great ingenuity in adapting to various stages of canon, and I think that will continue.
9. In your opinion, what kind of kink/theme does fandom need more of?
More pr0n, more pr0n! (Dragon pr0n).
10. How do you feel about participating in this year's Snarry Games?
Thrilled. Honoured. A bit nervous. Glad to be here!
Thank you, centaury_squill! On days we post longer stories, we may post an interview in the evening to give you extra reading time. Don't forget to read, comment and vote! centaury_squill's story is already posted!