CHAMPION INTERVIEW # 46, Team Dragon Interview, Eeyore9990!
Your Name (lj and/or Penname):eeyore9990 Archive link(s):My Fics, which will hopefully be updated before this posts *cough* Your Team: Team Dragon RWARRRRRRRR!!
1. 'Canon compliant' is a hot button topic in Harry Potter fandom (thanks to all the 'After-Book Specials' JKR is hosting). What is your definition?
As far as strict canon adherence, I go with what is in the books only. If she wanted us to know about anything else, she should have put it in the books, says me.
2. Has fanfic influenced your writing? If yes, was it a particular story you can name for us?
Umm, no particular story that I can think of, but yes fanfic has influenced my writing. I think we all leave each story we read with something new, good or bad. And when we read the great writers, we can only be better for it.
3. What element(s) about the relationship between Snape and Harry do you find most intriguing?
The snark. And the sex! Whooot!
4. How would Severus Snape find your team mascot most useful?
Dragon parts are most useful in potions, doncha know? And then there's the dragon-hide gloves for the really scary potions (the ones with the tiny holes in the palms that make the sex-sex-sex potion seep through to his skin so that he feels the need to jump our boy-hero as he shows up at just that moment for his detention, whoot!)
5. What would you consider your greatest strength in writing?
6. Is there something your beta(s) constantly catch you doing?
Dropping words *sigh* But we don't NEED that verb, really, do we?!
7. Have you ever collaborated/partnered with another author or artist? If yes, please describe it for us. If no, would you consider it?
Oh yes. It was always incredibly fun. I've collaborated with several authors (usually on crack-inspired stories) and two artists for different things. I find, when working with an artist, it is actually easier for me to see the art and write to the art than the other way around because I fangirl the fandom artists like CRAZY.
8. Now that canon is complete, do you find it more freeing or less when it comes to writing or enjoying fanfic/fanart?
More freeing. I know there's not going to be another book to make everything I write automatically AU, so I can take canon and twist it to my own little deviant needs.
9. In your opinion, what kind of kink/theme does fandom need more of?
Skirt porn! And wall!sex! And desk!sex! And seriously, Harry's glasses are way underused as a kink device. Boys in glasses are HAWT, y'all!
10. How do you feel about participating in this year's Snarry Games?
I AM SO THRILLED!!! THIS IS THE GREATEST THING EVER!!!!!!!!
Thank you, eeyore9990! Stay tuned for the last few Champion Interviews and Opening Games Crack!Art! Due to the technical difficulties on IJ, we have posted two interviews today to help the schedule. We will post the remaining interviews throughout the Games.