|snarrymod (snarrymod) wrote in snarry_games,|
@ 2008-04-18 07:08:00
|Entry tags:||interviews, team phoenix|
CHAMPION INTERVIEW #44, Team Phoenix Member, Shadowess!
Your Name (lj and/or Penname): shadowess
Archive link(s): Walking the Plank
Your Team: Phoenix
1. 'Canon compliant' is a hot button topic in Harry Potter fandom (thanks to all the 'After-Book Specials' JKR is hosting). What is your definition?
I would say that Canon compliant is anything that realistically COULD have happened during the books. Basically anything that JKR has written can't be changed, but there's plenty of time, events, motivations that aren't explored, and I think that as long as the written word is adhered to and no facts changed that makes something Canon compliant.
2. Has fanfic influenced your writing? If yes, was it a particular story you can name for us?
I read fanfic before I wrote fanfics, so yes I would say it did. I often find myself dawn to darker fics as the first couple fics I read in the fandom where dark fics. I tend to write what I like to read. As for a story, well one of the first snarry fics I ever read was Absolution by Rushlight which is a wonderful fic and helped springboard me into the fandom.
3. What element(s) about the relationship between Snape and Harry do you find most intriguing?
I would say that their relationship can be so versatile, especially for the fans. Love, Hate, Love-Hate relationships all work with this pairing. I'm also a sucker for the Older Man with Younger Boy. ^_^
4. How would Severus Snape find your team mascot most useful?
Aside from the gaping neck wound, I would think Severus would keep one around to heal Harry whenever he gets up to something Gryffindorish.
5. What would you consider your greatest strength in writing?
I would say that I'm good at making the reading feel parts of my story viscerally.
6. Is there something your beta(s) constantly catch you doing?
Aside from my horrible grammar, tense switching... My formatting leaves much to be desired.
7. Have you ever collaborated/partnered with another author or artist? If yes, please describe it for us. If no, would you consider it?
Nope I've never done that. Would I consider it? Why not?
8. Now that canon is complete, do you find it more freeing or less when it comes to writing or enjoying fanfic/fanart?
It's freeing in that we now know exactly what happened, less freeing because the last we saw Severus he was in a pool of his own blood with a gaping neck wound.
9. In your opinion, what kind of kink/theme does fandom need more of?
Kink would be Mpreg, well written Mpreg. Theme I would say more Dark!Harry who is still a sub to Severus.
10. How do you feel about participating in this year's Snarry Games?
I was very scared/nervous when signing up but after I've whored on the team comm I feel much better about myself.
Thank you, shadowess! Stay tuned for the last Champion Interviews and Opening Games Crack!Art! Due to the technical difficulties on IJ, we will be posting two interviews a morning today to help the schedule. Some content will be held for posting when we run the longest entries, for additional reading time.
The Games begin in TOMORROW!