|snarrymod (snarrymod) wrote in snarry_games,|
@ 2008-04-17 07:04:00
|Entry tags:||interviews, team dragon|
CHAMPION INTERVIEW #43, Team Dragon Member, Stepmnstr!
Your Name (lj and/or Penname): stepmnstr ot 'mnstr for short
Archive link(s): (optional) mnstrs_fics on IJ and over at HPFandom
Your Team: Dragon!!!!!!!
1. 'Canon compliant' is a hot button topic in Harry Potter fandom (thanks to all the 'After-Book Specials' JKR is hosting). What is your definition?
I have always considered canon to be a starting place. Very little I have written, actually I don't think any of it, is actually completely canon compliant. Keeping the characters consistent with their orginal selves is very important to me. As is remaining true to the parameters of canon, I consider those parameters to be the defining moments and emotions of their lives : abandonment, hope, betrayal, love. In short canon is a spring board for me.
2. Has fanfic influenced your writing? If yes, was it a particular story you can name for us?
YES! and no. Fanfic has encouraged me to write again anfter a severe drought. Orginal works of fictions and nonfiction as well as fanfic from varing points of view.
3. What element(s) about the relationship between Snape and Harry do you find most intriguing?
Everything about them together and seperately intrigues me. Severus is one of the most complex personalities in the Potter-verse and Harry is one of the least well explored people in the world named after him.
4. How would Severus Snape find your team mascot most useful?
As transportation to catch tasty phoenixes/phoenixi/chickens.
5. What would you consider your greatest strength in writing?
Can I get back to you about that one? I don't know that I have a greatest strength other than stubbornness.
6. Is there something your beta(s) constantly catch you doing?
Missing words, comma coma, plotholes big enough for Alice to fall into. Oh and I cannot spell.
7. Have you ever collaborated/partnered with another author or artist? If yes, please describe it for us. If no, would you consider it?
I am working on one now. other that my only collabrative fictions have been in RPGs and bouncing cookies with friends who have works in progress.
8. Now that canon is complete, do you find it more freeing or less when it comes to writing or enjoying fanfic/fanart?
Considered I've never stuck to closely to canon it really doesn't affect my writing much. if stuck more closely to canon or wrote het in stread of slash I do think it might affect things differently.
9. In your opinion, what kind of kink/theme does fandom need more of?
All kinds. The more the merrier. Fandom has a wide diverse population and opens so many avenues for us to play in. Take the Parvati twins for example I've felt from book one that they were added for colour not for any realistic portrayal of the British/European wizarding culture. I wish someone would explore for us the reason why they are at Hogwarts and not in India or Pakistan.
10. How do you feel about participating in this year's Snarry Games?
Thank you, stepmnstr! Stay tuned for the last few Champion Interviews and Opening Games Crack!Art! Due to the technical difficulties on IJ, we will be posting two interviews a morning for a couple days to help the schedule.
The Games begin in A FEW DAYS!