|snarrymod (snarrymod) wrote in snarry_games,|
@ 2008-04-13 17:10:00
|Entry tags:||interviews, team dragon|
CHAMPION INTERVIEW # 40, Team Dragon Member, Meri!
Your Name: Meri (meri_oddities)
Archive link(s): http://solo4.abac.com/CircuitArchive/Ot
Your Team: Dragon
1. 'Canon compliant' is a hot button topic in Harry Potter fandom (thanks to all the 'After-Book Specials' JKR is hosting). What is your definition?
Anything that was in the books is canon. That said, sometimes, I'll use some bit of information, if it works in a story. But I don't go out of my way to listen to what JKR has to say.
2. Has fanfic influenced your writing? If yes, was it a particular story you can name for us?
Well, sometimes it gets me to write something I've found interesting. My story for this year's fest is one of those things. Last year, Delta wrote the brilliant The Living Years , which I've read about a zillion times so far.
I just loved the idea of a younger Severus and older Harry. I wanted to play that...theme. So, this year, I found a completely different way to have a young!Severus to play with. *g*
3. What element(s) about the relationship between Snape and Harry do you find most intriguing?
The tension between them. It's taken me a while after DH to find that tension again. Too much was resolved by the end of the book. *sigh*
4. How would Severus Snape find your team mascot most useful?
Potions ingredients, I'm afraid.
5. What would you consider your greatest strength in writing?
Characterization -- the characters talk to me or I can't write them.
6. Is there something your beta(s) constantly catch you doing?
Leaving words out. I mean, I know what I meant, but sometimes the readers might not.
7. Have you ever collaborated/partnered with another author or artist? If yes, please describe it for us. If no, would you consider it?
No. But Delta and I are talking about doing a story together. More about that after the games.
8. Now that canon is complete, do you find it more freeing or less when it comes to writing or enjoying fanfic/fanart?
I'm so relieved that canon is set I can't even tell you. It's going to make it so much easier to write. I feel like I know all the answers.
9. In your opinion, what kind of kink/theme does fandom need more of?
There can never be enough bonding stories. *g*
10. How do you feel about participating in this year's Snarry Games?
Excited. I wrote 35K words in about 2 weeks for this story.
Thank you, meri_oddities! Stay tuned for the last week of Champion Interviews and Opening Games Crack!Art!
The Games begin in ONE WEEK!