|snarrymod (snarrymod) wrote in snarry_games,|
@ 2008-04-12 12:18:00
|Entry tags:||interviews, team dragon|
CHAMPION INTERVIEW #38, LilysEyes!
Your Name: lilyseyes
Archive link(s): http://lilyseyes.insanejournal.com/
Your Team: DRAGON
1. 'Canon compliant' is a hot button topic in Harry Potter fandom (thanks to all the 'After-Book Specials' JKR is hosting). What is your definition?
I think that what has been published in the seven books of the series is true canon. I do tend to ignore the epilogue, myself - it was a painful thing to read.
2. Has fanfic influenced your writing? If yes, was it a particular story you can name for us?
Definately! The ending of OotP spurred me to pick up a pen after a hiatus of fifteen years and write my own version of it. I stumbled into fanfiction through Mugglenet and from a link I discovered rushlight's Rite of Passage and there was no looking back for me. I read many of the "classics" (which hooked me on Snarry), before attempting to write a story of my own.
3. What element(s) about the relationship between Snape and Harry do you find most intriguing?
The contrasts between their personalities, yet the underlying insecurity in both, which when added to the way both grew up, it makes for an emotionally rich relationship to work with.
4. How would Severus Snape find your team mascot most useful?
Knowing Snape, he'd find the magnificent dragon most useful in potion making!
5. What would you consider your greatest strength in writing?
I try to make the story believable and keep the two in character as best I can to fit the story line. I tend to write happy stories that lean towards fluff.
6. Is there something your beta(s) constantly catch you doing?
The wanton massacre of commas and dangling my participles.
7. Have you ever collaborated/partnered with another author or artist? If yes, please describe it for us. If no, would you consider it?
No, but I'd love to collaborate sometime!
8. Now that canon is complete, do you find it more freeing or less when it comes to writing or enjoying fanfic/fanart?
Freeing, completed canon gives us a base from which to launch our imaginations, all except that epilogue.
9. In your opinion, what kind of kink/theme does fandom need more of?
Hmmm, I think we have a pretty good balance of kinks and themes; it is, after all, a magical realm where one can Polyjuice oneself into anyone or transform into an animal at will, so anything seems possible!
10. How do you feel about participating in this year's Snarry Games?
I am honored beyond belief to be chosen for such an awesome team, rubbing shoulders with the best of the best fanfiction writers, and scared to death to be writing for the premier Snarry writing challenge! Thank you for giving me the opportunity!
Thank you, lilyseyes! Stay tuned for the last week of Champion Interviews and Opening Games Crack!Art!
The Games begin posting next weekend!