|snarrymod (snarrymod) wrote in snarry_games,|
@ 2008-04-08 00:27:00
|Entry tags:||interviews, team phoenix|
CHAMPION INTERVIEW #35, Faynia!
Your name: faynia
Your archive: http://faynia.insanejournal.com/92067.h
Your Team: Phoenix
1. 'Canon compliant' is a hot button topic in Harry Potter fandom (thanks to all the 'After-Book Specials' JKR is hosting). What is your definition?
Canon Compliant is whatever I need it to be. When it's necessary this does include any interview canon I want to selectively add in, or chose to ignore. Mostly though, when I think Canon Compliant I think the entire HP series sans interviews.
2. Has fanfic influenced your writing? If yes, was it a particular story you can name for us?
I started writing because of fanfics. I never even contemplated writing for a public forum until a friend introduced me to HP fanfic in my Freshman year of high school. I can easily say, without a doubt that the first fic I wrote happened after I read the Draco Trilogy by Cassie Claire. I read it and thought, hey! I can do that too...Course, I really couldn't at that time, but I did write regardless of how horrible my writing really was.
3. What element(s) about the relationship between Snape and Harry do you find most intriguing?
The tension. It's mind-blowing. It doesn't matter what sort of tension either. When they're together, the room just crackles with energy, in a way no other duo in the series does.
4. How would Severus Snape find your team mascot most useful?
Depends on the situation, doesn't it? For potions? The Phoenix's tears. When on the run? To carry parcels. When starving? To eat..er I mean ^^
5. What would you consider your greatest strength in writing?
Dialogue and character development through dialogue are probably my only strengths in writing.
6. Is there something your beta(s) constantly catch you doing?
Comma's and apostrophes. When I'm writing, I don't always remember to put them in, and when I do they're more than likely superfluous.
7. Have you ever collaborated/partnered with another author or artist? If yes, please describe it for us. If no, would you consider it?
Most, about 7/8 actually, of all the Snarry I write is a collaboration. I find it incredibly easy to write with another person, especially a person I know well. You do it enough, you can easily mimic the other persons writing style and characterizations. It's great fun, especially when you're stuck or have become bored with what you're doing to have someone else come in and give your fic a jump start once again.
8. Now that canon is complete, do you find it more freeing or less when it comes to writing or enjoying fanfic/fanart?
More, definitely more freeing. It gave me more pairings, incidents, situations, places, people, and plot bunnies to play with. The close of canon also forces me to think a bit harder on how to make my ships work post-epilogue or post-last chapter.
9. In your opinion, what kind of kink/theme does fandom need more of?
You ask this of me like I have a favorite kink *g*. Hm, I'd say jealous!possessive!Snape is needed everywhere. It's not really a kink or theme, I just love me some jealous!possessive!Snape.
10. How do you feel about participating in this year's Snarry Games?
Overwhelmed, nervous, giddy, and I'm just an alternate. Mod note: Faynia has been called to full team status now
Thank you, faynia! Stay tuned for more Champion Interviews and Opening Games Crack Art!