|snarrymod (snarrymod) wrote in snarry_games,|
@ 2008-04-05 11:26:00
|Entry tags:||interviews, team dragon|
CHAMPION INTERVIEW #34, Perfica!
Your Name: perfica
Archive link(s): http://perfica.livejournal.com/
Your Team: Dragon
1. 'Canon compliant' is a hot button topic in Harry Potter fandom (thanks to all the 'After-Book Specials' JKR is hosting). What is your definition?
I subconsciously work off a rating system; if it happened in the books, it's a ten out of ten. If JKR discusses it in an interview, it gets about an eight. Fanon speculation (if it makes sense to me, of course) is a seven because I believe the enormous collective power of our minds and our time is pretty much as good as anything JKR can spout off the cuff ;-)
2. Has fanfic influenced your writing? If yes, was it a particular story you can name for us?
Actually, it's the story I'm writing for the Games! I read a story in another fandom, liked the way it was created stylistically and am attempting to recreate the 'flavour' with a Snarry twist.
3. What element(s) about the relationship between Snape and Harry do you find most intriguing?
They're both underdogs and they both suffer from other people's perceptions of their character. In the entire series I don't think either of them had a single, long stretch of time where they didn't have to worry about something. Who knows what they could have been like if their world (and they) weren't constantly under siege?
4. How would Severus Snape find your team mascot most useful?
In public I think he'd treat it with disdain because he's a Potions Master and the dragon is just a source of material for his potions, but in private I think he's given it a cutesy name, pets it behind the ears every night and feeds it scraps off his own plate.
5. What would you consider your greatest strength in writing?
Sometimes it's my dialogue, other times it's the scenarios I put Snape and Harry in. A lot of the time it's (I've been told) the way I get to the point yet build up a rich world of feelings, flavours, smells, colours, etc.
6. Is there something your beta(s) constantly catch you doing?
I like to randomly mix up commas, hyphens and semi-colons. I rely on the magnificent loupgarou1750 and the other betas I've utilised to make sure I don't look like a punctuating idiot.
7. Have you ever collaborated/partnered with another author or artist? If yes, please describe it for us. If no, would you consider it?
Loup referred to Shelter From The Storm in her interview. It was a week and a half long orgy of kinky writing, positive peer pressure, one-up-man-ship and a million laughs. I'd absolutely collaborate with her again, or any other artist/author whose work I liked and respected.
8. Now that canon is complete, do you find it more freeing or less when it comes to writing or enjoying fanfic/fanart?
It's had no impact on my enjoyment (I loved all manner of AU, AR and speculation in the past) and canon closing has probably forced me to be more creative with writing.
9. In your opinion, what kind of kink/theme does fandom need more of?
Ah, I hate these types of questions! I can never remember my kinks until I'm literally hit over the head with them while reading. Okay, um, theme - a world where the war went on for longer? That way, the series wouldn't have finished. And kink - let's just say, training, teaching, D/s sort of fics. That's my answer today; tomorrow it could be voyeurism or secret affairs.
10. How do you feel about participating in this year's Snarry Games?
Delighted! I've been in all three and I hope to continue the trend until the muse and/or the mood leaves me.
Thank you, perfica! Stay tuned for more Champion Interviews and Opening Games Crack!Art!