|snarrymod (snarrymod) wrote in snarry_games,|
@ 2008-04-03 23:20:00
|Entry tags:||interviews, team phoenix|
CHAMPION INTERVIEW #33, Gin_Tonic!
Your Name (lj and/or Penname): gin_tonic / me_midget (LJ)
Archive link(s): http://gin-tonic.insanejournal.com/1787
Your Team: TEAM PHOENIX
1. 'Canon compliant' is a hot button topic in Harry Potter fandom (thanks to all the 'After-Book Specials' JKR is hosting). What is your definition?
For me canon is what is in the books. You can ignore parts of it (like the epilogue), but that's what it is. Every info that JK gives us in interviews etc. is interesting for me, because I like to see what she thought about her characters, but it's not canon.
2. Has fanfic influenced your writing? If yes, was it a particular story you can name for us?
Definitely. It inspires me, opens new perspectives - and is entertaining of course. I constantly try to improve my writing.
I read quite a lot and I'd have to name several and would still not come close to the number of stories that have influenced me.
3. What element(s) about the relationship between Snape and Harry do you find most intriguing?
The chemistry between them. Not only start they off with an incredible animosity, but they have a different social standing and an interesting authority relationship with Snape being Harry's (former) teacher - and then there's their age difference.
4. How would Severus Snape find your team mascot most useful?
Well, first of all he'd take care of the bite-wound on his neck and then he might try using at least the feathers for some of his potions...
5. What would you consider your greatest strength in writing?
6. Is there something your beta(s) constantly catch you doing?
Yes, there are a couple of mistakes I always tend to make. Sadly enough I can't remember what they are, exactly - or I would manage to avoid them next time.
7. Have you ever collaborated/partnered with another author or artist? If yes, please describe it for us. If no, would you consider it?
I have co-written one or two stories and it has been fun, but I've never worked together with an artist. Doing that would be great!
8. Now that canon is complete, do you find it more freeing or less when it comes to writing or enjoying fanfic/fanart?
I'm honestly not sure. Before book 7 I could hope that one or two things might still change the way I would like (read: I wanted Sirius to come back to life), but that won't happen now. The good thing is that the canon we have now won't change and we can rely on that. But since my stories usually hold a certain amount of AU I'd say I find the completion of canon neither more freeing nor less.
9. In your opinion, what kind of kink/theme does fandom need more of?
10. How do you feel about participating in this year's Snarry Games?
I am extremely excited to be able to take part! TEAM PHOENIX FTW! *cheers*
Thank you, gin_tonic! Stay tuned for more Champion Interviews and Opening Games Crack!Art!