|snarrymod (snarrymod) wrote in snarry_games,|
@ 2008-04-02 22:06:00
|Entry tags:||interviews, team dragon|
CHAMPION INTERVIEW #32, Carawen!
Your Name: carawen
Archive link(s): http://carawen.themortalmoon.com
Your Team: Dragon
1. 'Canon compliant' is a hot button topic in Harry Potter fandom (thanks to all the 'After-Book Specials' JKR is hosting). What is your definition?
While the interviews have been interesting and some fun facts have come out that I don't mine using, I don't consider them canon. If it's not in the original seven books, then it's not really there.
2. Has fanfic influenced your writing? If yes, was it a particular story you can name for us?
Definitely. I read way more than I write, and ideas, theories, and even just writing styles have slowly worked their way into my writing. I don't think I could specifically name what has influenced me; there've been so many stories and authors.
3. What element(s) about the relationship between Snape and Harry do you find most intriguing?
The dynamics between the two of them are very interesting to me. They have a fair amount in common, but are also very different.
4. How would Severus Snape find your team mascot most useful?
Well, the man is a Potions Master... But who knows, maybe he'd like a guard-dragon? Something to keep the dungeons warm?
5. What would you consider your greatest strength in writing?
Umm... well... next question.
6. Is there something your beta(s) constantly catch you doing?
I have a bad habit of leaving out the narration during dialogue. So when I read over what I've written, I know all the unspoken actions that are happening, but no one else does. I'm constantly having to go back and rework conversations.
7. Have you ever collaborated/partnered with another author or artist? If yes, please describe it for us. If no, would you consider it?
Not in the HP fandom, but a long time ago a friend of mine and I wrote together. I enjoyed it, but the fact that we were doing all of our writing together in person (and in a shared notebook) made it a lot easier. I would consider doing it again though. And I think it could be a lot of fun to work with an artist too.
8. Now that canon is complete, do you find it more freeing or less when it comes to writing or enjoying fanfic/fanart?
I find it more freeing. There's no fear of everything completely changing in a few months' time, making tons of speculating and theorizing obsolete. (I have a lovely Black family tree I made just after OotP that has no use anymore, after JK drew up the real thing.)
9. In your opinion, what kind of kink/theme does fandom need more of?
Threesomes, especially committed threesomes.
10. How do you feel about participating in this year's Snarry Games?
I'm really excited, since it's my first, and I hope my story lives up to everything I have planned for.
Thank you, carawen! Stay tuned for more Champion Interviews and Opening Games Crack Art!