|snarrymod (snarrymod) wrote in snarry_games,|
@ 2008-03-27 08:15:00
|Entry tags:||interviews, team phoenix|
CHAMPION INTERVIEW #29, Abigail89!
Your Name: Hysterical Hystorian, or abigail89
Your Team: Team Phoenix
1. 'Canon compliant' is a hot button topic in Harry Potter fandom (thanks to all the 'After-Book Specials' JKR is hosting). What is your definition?
Unfortunately, Jo has made a number of gaffs when speaking off the top of her head. It ain’t canon unless it’s in a book form where she’s actually put some thought into it, though she seemed very firm in her belief about Dumbledore when she spoke about him last fall in New York.
2. Has fanfic influenced your writing? If yes, was it a particular story you can name for us?
Oh, yes, most definitely. I wouldn’t be writing again if it weren’t for fanfic. The very first Harry Potter fanfic I read was Lori’s “Harry Potter and the Paradigm of Uncertainty” on Fiction Alley. The only thing that drew me to it was the title. It sounded intriguing. Back then, I had no ‘ship’ preferences at all. The writers that inspired the Snarry pairing were/are Rushlight, DementorDelta and Cybele. All of these gals have such fabulous style.
3. What element(s) about the relationship between Snape and Harry do you find most intriguing?
They are two strong-willed individuals. On the surface they appear to have very little in common and zero attraction. But when you delve deeper, you see they come from similar circumstances; both are intelligent, stubborn and smart, and have a strong moral sense. As we now know, both have a similar morality.
4. How would Severus Snape find your team mascot most useful?
Phoenix tears have immense power. (I believe quite firmly that Fawkes came to Severus in his moment of greatest need and healed him. And then bore him away.) Severus also would find a way to harvest them for the most powerful of healing potions.
5. What would you consider your greatest strength in writing?
Humor and dialogue. Although, at this point my story for the games has precious little of each. We’ll have to see how things progress.
6. Is there something your beta(s) constantly catch you doing?
I have two wonderful betas! They always give me great advice. My most apparent flaw as a writer is that I sometimes write really long, complex sentences. They constantly tell me to break up the thought!
7. Have you ever collaborated/partnered with another author or artist? If yes, please describe it for us. If no, would you consider it?
Yes, I have! I collaborated with the wonderful _hill for ‘Quills and Paintbrushes’ at Phoenix Rising last year. She drew the most amazing images for our story. We decided early on that the story would be gen, no ship, though it was heavily Trio, POA-era. I managed to work Severus into the story, which made both of us very happy indeed.
8. Now that canon is complete, do you find it more freeing or less when it comes to writing or enjoying fanfic/fanart?
Well, other than the canon ships annoy me, I just ignore the epilogue (there was an epilogue?) and go about my merry way. I’ve always enjoyed stories post-Hogwarts anyway.
9. In your opinion, what kind of kink/theme does fandom need more of?
I think fandom needs more stories of psychological drama and intrigue, more mysteries. But I’m happy to read voyeur, first time and frottage. Oooh, yes.
10. How do you feel about participating in this year's Snarry Games?
I am so honoured to be included. My teammates are among the best of the best, and I am truly humbled.
Thank you, abigail89! Stay tuned for more Champion Interviews and Opening Games Crack!Art!