|snarrymod (snarrymod) wrote in snarry_games,|
@ 2008-03-19 22:15:00
|Entry tags:||interviews, team phoenix|
CHAMPION INTERVIEW # 25- Unbroken_halo!
Your Name : unbroken_halo
Archive link(s): unbroken_halo, Author Page at HPFandom
Your Team: Team Phoenix!
1. 'Canon compliant' is a hot button topic in Harry Potter fandom (thanks to all the 'After-Book Specials' JKR is hosting). What is your definition?
Heh, I've never given the canon issue much consideration to be honest. JKR, and let me say this, I love her for creating this world, contradicts herself so much that it's really hard to tell what she herself considers canon so I pick and chose what I need for a particular story and use it as I see fit.
2. Has fanfic influenced your writing? If yes, was it a particular story you can name for us?
Oh most definitely! I was given many classics to read Cybele's Quill and Ink series, Midnight Blue's Mirror of Maybe, Diane William's Dark Chocolate, and Diagonlist's Broken Bonds to name a few, before I started writing. I don't think I'm as talented as these people but I aspire to be one day.
3. What element(s) about the relationship between Snape and Harry do you find most intriguing?
I'd have to say it's their similarities. People say opposites attract but I think with these two, it's the commonalities that make the sparks fly.
4. How would Severus Snape find your team mascot most useful?
As a symbol. The phoenix is a survivor just like Snape was, continuing to be reborn and moving onward even in the toughest situations.
5. What would you consider your greatest strength in writing?
I think I would have to say research and details. I also consider this my greatest weakness as well since I often tend to add to many details sometimes as well.
6. Is there something your beta(s) constantly catch you doing?
I am horrible with my punctuation, commas especially, although I am told I am getting better.
7. Have you ever collaborated/partnered with another author or artist? If yes, please describe it for us. If no, would you consider it?
Yes, numerous times, irana helped me be true to the story, to write it how it wants to be written and to make certain the punctuation made sense. sevs_lil_secret helped me to push the boundaries of my writing and explore new topics that I would never have attempted on my own. sassy_cissa showed me that there was always time for romance even in a less than perfect world. eeyore9990 taught me there can never be enough hot smut scenes. Each and every one of these people helped me take away something from the experience and I feel it improved my writing a hundred times over.
8. Now that canon is complete, do you find it more freeing or less when it comes to writing or enjoying fanfic/fanart?
Neither really, although I have noticed myself going back and analyzing the little bits of magic and seeing which one works best in certain situations, and enjoy trying to find the best possible ways to close up the plot holes left after the series ended.
9. In your opinion, what kind of kink/theme does fandom need more of?
All of them. LOL!
10. How do you feel about participating in this year's Snarry Games?
Excited, nervous as hell, honoured and sick to my stomach that I am going to screw this up, all at the same time.
Thank you, unbroken_halo! Stay tuned for more Champion Interviews and Opening Games Crack!Art.