|snarrymod (snarrymod) wrote in snarry_games,|
@ 2008-03-14 00:38:00
|Entry tags:||interviews, team phoenix|
CHAMPION INTERVIEW # 21- Eriador117!
Your Name: Eriador117
Archive link(s): http://www.hpfandom.net/eff/viewuser.ph
Your Team: Team Phoenix
1. 'Canon compliant' is a hot button topic in Harry Potter fandom (thanks to all the 'After-Book Specials' JKR is hosting). What is your definition?
Well, I have to say I usually ignore the epilogue when writing anything new as I just cannot stand Ginny as a character and in my mind there is no way Harry should have ended up with her. I think she is a Mary Sue - younger sister of a canon character, beautiful, excellent and magic and Quidditch, popular with the boys etc. etc.
To me canon compliant is anything within the seven books, give or take the epilogue. Of course, you can use information that JK Rowling has added after the books, but I don't think you necessarily need that to make your story canon compliant.
2. Has fanfic influenced your writing? If yes, was it a particular story you can name for us?
The first two Snarry stories I ever read were the "If You Are Prepared" series by Cybele and the "Tea" Series by Telanu. They were so wonderfully written and they made Snarry seem so natural that it made me want to write Snarry as well.
3. What element(s) about the relationship between Snape and Harry do you find most intriguing?
I think it's because they are so similar in ways. Both were abused as children, both were pawns for Dumbledore et al and both have a unique connection to Voldemort. Snape with his Dark Mark and Harry with his scar. I think because of that, Harry is a lot different from people his own age so I see nothing unusual in him falling for an older man and because of their shared troubled pasts, they would better understand each other.
4. How would Severus Snape find your team mascot most useful?
He'd use the Phoenix feathers or tears in potions, LOL!
5. What would you consider your greatest strength in writing?
I think dialogue is my greatest strength and on the other hand my weakness would be description.
6. Is there something your beta(s) constantly catch you doing?
Who me?! Double punctuation marks. I try to avoid it now, but sometimes they creep back in.
7. Have you ever collaborated/partnered with another author or artist? If yes, please describe it for us. If no, would you consider it?
I haven't yet, but I wouldn't be averse to it.
8. Now that canon is complete, do you find it more freeing or less when it comes to writing or enjoying fanfic/fanart?
Most of my stories have tended to be AU anyway, so it hasn't really made that much of a difference to me. I still write the stories I want to write, whether canon-compliant or not.
9. In your opinion, what kind of kink/theme does fandom need more of?
Apprentice fics, forced bondings, new prophecies where Harry and Snape must be together, fics where Harry is still at school, D/s fics, bottom!Harry (bottom!Snape is my only real squick, LOL!) What can I say, I love the clichés and see how different authors manage them :)
10. How do you feel about participating in this year's Snarry Games?
Nervous, excited and very privileged. There are so many wonderful Snarry authors out there, I worry mine won't be up to scratch.
Thank you, eriador117! Stay tuned for more Champion Interviews, and some LOLarious Crack!Art.