1. 'Canon compliant' is a hot button topic in Harry Potter fandom (thanks to all the 'After-Book Specials' JKR is hosting). What is your definition?
As far as I'm concerned, canon closed with All was well. To me her interviews and the releasing of 'facts' are JKR's way of holding onto the HP universe. She spent too many years with it to just walk away.
2. Has fanfic influenced your writing? If yes, was it a particular story you can name for us?
I'm sure it has. Very few people can read – be it fanfic or printed fiction – and not have it influence their writing. I'm sure that my later fics have a different flavor to them showing, hopefully, improvement.
3. What element(s) about the relationship between Snape and Harry do you find most intriguing?
I love the fact that they dance awful close to that love/hate line and it is always passionate.
4. How would Severus Snape find your team mascot most useful?
*snicker* I'm sure he'd want to use both mascots to stock his potion stores. Do you know the price of Dragon scales and Phoenix tears these days?
5. What would you consider your greatest strength in writing?
Hmmm. Not an easy one. According to others, it is the emotion – be them happy ones or sad ones, I tend to push them through to the front.
6. Is there something your beta(s) constantly catch you doing?
Dropping words. I think faster than I type by a long shot.
7. Have you ever collaborated/partnered with another author or artist? If yes, please describe it for us. If no, would you consider it?
I've had the honor of working in collab with artists three times. I've worked with pettydreams on Color Association, a Harry/Charlie/Kingsley fest fic, artisticentropy on Marking His, a Lucius/Severus short challenge response, and with Dragon-mate ships_harry, on Never Enough, Severus/Percy one shot. I was left completely speechless by the way they brought the fic to life with their art. All three times I sent the fic to them as I wrote it and they picked the scene(s) that were illustrated.
8. Now that canon is complete, do you find it more freeing or less when it comes to writing or enjoying fanfic/fanart?
It's definitely more freeing. I tend to ignore all of JKR's after the fact ramblings and instead try to find ways to manipulate the magic into doing what I want. When all else fails, AU and AR works for me.
9. In your opinion, what kind of kink/theme does fandom need more of?
Oh, that's so hard to pick! Um, I'd like to see more of Severus' younger years. I don't care if it is because it is someone from the universe goes back in time, if Severus comes forward as his younger self, or if it is more of a gen fic. There are so many missing years and Snape, for me, is the most interesting character JKR introduced to us.
10. How do you feel about participating in this year's Snarry Games?
Is there a name for a combination of OMGSQUEEE, Nervous, Thrilled, Worried, Honored? If so, that's it.
Thank you, florida_minxie! Stay tuned for more interviews, and Opening games Crack!Art.