|snarrymod (snarrymod) wrote in snarry_games,|
@ 2008-03-05 22:10:00
|Entry tags:||interviews, team phoenix|
CHAMPION INTERVIEW # 15 - DementorDelta!
Your Name: DementorDelta
Archive link(s): http://archive.skyehawke.com/authors.ph
Your Team: Phoenix
1. 'Canon compliant' is a hot button topic in Harry Potter fandom (thanks to all the 'After-Book Specials' JKR is hosting). What is your definition?
Books 1-7, including the Epilogue. Whatever else she shoots her mouth off about, er, I mean says, is open for interpretation.
2. Has fanfic influenced your writing? If yes, was it a particular story you can name for us?
I don't think you can get away from having fan fic influence you, if you read any at all. One of my greatest earliest influences in HP fandom, was Predatrix, who had a very spare style that gave me hope for myself.
3. What element(s) about the relationship between Snape and Harry do you find most intriguing?
Their physical age difference. What can I say, it's just damn sexy.
4. How would Severus Snape find your team mascot most useful?
He could use the bloody Phoenix tears not to succumb from a stupid snake bite!
5. What would you consider your greatest strength in writing?
A willingness to try something so completely stupid with the characters to see if it will work--i.e. making Harry a genie, or making Snape the young one in the relationship.
6. Is there something your beta(s) constantly catch you doing?
Sentences that make sense in my head but not so much to anyone reading them.
7. Have you ever collaborated/partnered with another author or artist? If yes, please describe it for us. If no, would you consider it?
Oh yes, many times! I've written with Cruisedirector, Snapetoy, Ze_Dragon, Isidore13, and Swtalmnd. Each experience has been different but writing with someone is fun!
8. Now that canon is complete, do you find it more freeing or less when it comes to writing or enjoying fanfic/fanart?
That's a hard one to answer because I don't read nearly as much as I'd like to, but I don't think it will change my reading habits. Writing, pretty much the same. Once we assume any one of the many, many ways to bring back Snape from all the lovely plot holes that JKR left us, Snarry can go anywhere from here and I'm looking forward to seeing where it goes!
9. In your opinion, what kind of kink/theme does fandom need more of?
10. How do you feel about participating in this year's Snarry Games?
I'm very honored to be working with such a great team!
Thank you, dementordelta!