Your Name: I Got Tired of Waiting Archive link(s): A Turn of the Page Your Team: The ever-awesome, always-wise, and yet gently-playful DRAGONS!
1. 'Canon compliant' is a hot button topic in Harry Potter fandom (thanks to all the 'After-Book Specials' JKR is hosting). What is your definition?
I've always thought that buying the accessory products, like paper, toner, and film, from any manufacturer is a waste of money because the prices are always over-inflated, and the products are no better than what one can buy generically. I'm certain Canon's compliant products are no different, but their cameras and scanners are awesome and well worth the money.
2. Has fanfic influenced your writing? If yes, was it a particular story you can name for us?
You have no idea how many times I catch myself using a certain turn of phrase, only to stop and scold myself that I can't use it because 'so-an-so' already did. So, yeah, it's definitely influenced me. As to naming a particular story, I'd have to ask if someone could please help me find the contact I lost on the beach.
3. What element(s) about the relationship between Snape and Harry do you find most intriguing?
Their dynamics. They always remind me of a rolling mobius strip, and the very best of Snarry always establishes a certain syncopated rhythm to their interactions. It's fascinating to watch it unfold.
4. How would Severus Snape find your team mascot most useful?
Why the dragon heartstring in his wand, of course.
5. What would you consider your greatest strength in writing?
My sense of the absurd.
6. Is there something your beta(s) constantly catch you doing?
Spelling the like teh or hte. It's really embarrassing. Oh, and one of them thinks I'm too lenient with Dumbledore (and you know you do, my dear). Personally, I think she's been channelling Filch from the 50's.
7. Have you ever collaborated/partnered with another author or artist? If yes, please describe it for us. If no, would you consider it?
Hmmm. I was once asked to do the narrative/plot for a Snape/Draco comic, but it never went anywhere. Would I consider it? It would depend on who asked me, I think. An artist? Could be fun. An author? It would have to be someone I already know well enough not to mind sharing. I have this serious control and ownership 'thing'... I never did play well with the other kids in the sandbox.
8. Now that canon is complete, do you find it more freeing or less when it comes to writing or enjoying fanfic/fanart?
More so because now everyone/everything is AU, and we can't pretend otherwise. I like that.
9. In your opinion, what kind of kink/theme does fandom need more of?
There's a kink/theme someone hasn't already used? Where? Seriously, I can't think of a one that hasn't been explored, although I wouldn't say no to more vampire!Snape, virgin!Harry, mpreg, creature!Harry, ebil!Dumblydore, kitten!Voldyfart stories. *G*
10. How do you feel about participating in this year's Snarry Games?
Whoosh! + OMFG! + Whoops! =
WOW! That about sums it up.
Thank you ever so much, you lovely Snarry Games Mods, you.
We would like to extend our thanks to the wonderful xingou for our fantastic new 2008 Snarry Games Layout, using the most excellent art by tripperfunster!! Tripp drew some *new* art exclusively for the Games, based on the Genres this round (AR Superman!Harry omg!!), and allowed the use of her previous works for a collage, then xingou ran with it.