1. 'Canon compliant' is a hot button topic in Harry Potter fandom (thanks to all the 'After-Book Specials' JKR is hosting). What is your definition?
The books, nothing but the books. (And if we could disregard that Epilogue—crap that it is—I'd be all for it).
2. Has fanfic influenced your writing? If yes, was it a particular story you can name for us?
Oh, absolutely. We are blessed with so many brilliant writers in this fandom that I find myself reading not only for content, but for style. Process. Construction. It's amazing what you find. And it's not so much a single story that's influenced me, as much as specific writers. You'll forgive me if the people I've betaed for here and there come to mind right away, but it's their work with which I'm most intimately involved. For instance, sansa1970 and klynie1 are both incredible storytellers. Their plots are inventive and creative and resonant. klynie1 writes the meanest, most flawed Harry I've ever loved—what I mean, of course, is that her characters are complex and she revels in their shortcomings, making them so incredibly human. sansa1970 has such a crisp writing style that I wish I could emulate. I haven't succeeded, of course. And her Snape. Her Snape! So beautiful. She's also one of the best I've seen at seamlessly incorporating original characters. And iulia_linnea is the mistress of the short form. What she packs into truly short stories is nothing short of amazing. I marvel at her ability to be brief, but full and rich at the same time. For these four, I could name twenty-five more, easily.
3. What element(s) about the relationship between Snape and Harry do you find most intriguing?
The parallels of their lives, how much they have in common despite their apparent incongruity. The intensity between them is nothing short of . . . um . . . hot and then there's the whole Lily connection. How twisted is that??
4. How would Severus Snape find your team mascot most useful?
The scales would be used in a lust potion to keep Harry as his cabana boy forever.
5. What would you consider your greatest strength in writing?
6. Is there something your beta(s) constantly catch you doing?
Wait . . . just one thing???
I am frequent abuser of homonyms. It's incredibly embarrassing, actually . . .
7. Have you ever collaborated/partnered with another author or artist? If yes, please describe it for us. If no, would you consider it?
Sansa and I have collaborated on a few projects and I loved it. Were working on a big one now. Well . . .we should be working on it . . . I've dropped the ball a bit there.
I'd love to collaborate with an artist, actually.
8. Now that canon is complete, do you find it more freeing or less when it comes to writing or enjoying fanfic/fanart?
Absolutely freeing. You know what's out there and what's not.
9. In your opinion, what kind of kink/theme does fandom need more of?
Sensory deprivation play and more hurt/comfort fic, damn it! And . . . dare I say such blasphemy?? More trio fic.
10. How do you feel about participating in this year's Snarry Games?
I'm absolutely thrilled to be back. I love the Games!