|snarrymod (snarrymod) wrote in snarry_games,|
@ 2008-02-24 22:19:00
|Entry tags:||interviews, team phoenix|
CHAMPION INTERVIEW # 7 - Alisanne!
Your Name: alisanne
Your Team: The Mighty Team Phoenix
1. 'Canon compliant' is a hot button topic in Harry Potter fandom (thanks to all the 'After-Book Specials' JKR is hosting). What is your definition?
Anything that she wrote in the books is canon compliant, IMO. The stuff she's been adding after the fact in interviews etc. are not what I consider canon. I don't plan to include them in anything I write (unless I want to. *g*).
2. Has fanfic influenced your writing? If yes, was it a particular story you can name for us?
It definitely has. I'm not sure I can name one story, but I can name some influential writers such as Tiranog and Telanu, whose great writing inspired me to try my hand at Snarry in the first place.
3. What element(s) about the relationship between Snape and Harry do you find most intriguing?
Their almost instinctive animosity speaks to a very passionate relationship. I like to imagine that once they both 'grow up' that emotion would translate into some amazing sex. *g*
4. How would Severus Snape find your team mascot most useful?
Since its tears are possibly one of the reasons he's alive today (and he is), I imagine Severus would have a soft spot in his heart for a phoenix.
5. What would you consider your greatest strength in writing?
Dialogue, humor, and the ability to give any prompt an optimistic outcome. *g*
6. Is there something your beta(s) constantly catch you doing?
Repeating words and favorite phrases.
7. Have you ever collaborated/partnered with another author or artist? If yes, please describe it for us. If no, would you consider it?
I have collaborated with sevfan, celandineb, eeyore9990, twilightsorcery and (inadvertently) with lizardspots. In all cases it was tremendous fun and I hope to do more collaborating in the future.
8. Now that canon is complete, do you find it more freeing or less when it comes to writing or enjoying fanfic/fanart?
Much more freeing! I no longer have to worry about JK's vision, I can now use my own. I can't tell you haw happy that makes me (and Snape). :)
9. In your opinion, what kind of kink/theme does fandom need more of?
Kink? Hahahaha. Well, I could stand to see more wall sex and cross-dressing fics, but that's my own personal preference. Anything except more BDSM would be fine with me, actually.
10. How do you feel about participating in this year's Snarry Games?
Thrilled, nervous, and excited! Go Team Phoenix!
Thank you, alisanne!
Stay tuned for more interviews!