|snarrymod (snarrymod) wrote in snarry_games,|
@ 2007-09-27 23:50:00
|Entry tags:||interviews, team angst|
CHAMPION INTERVIEW # 11, NymAulth
Your Name: nymaulth
Your Team: TeamAngst!
1. Now that the final word has been penned, what is your favourite canon Snape moment from all seven books? Harry? Snarry?
I have so many favourite Snape moments that it is difficult to choose…I suppose it’s a tie between Chapter 2 of HBP and the “Brewing Glory” monologue. My one of my many favourite Harry moments occurs when he has the bright idea to escape from Gringotts via enraged dragon in DH. I think my favourite Snarry moment in cannon is the "There's no need to call me 'sir,' Professor." quip-it’s some of most overt subtext JKR granted us!
2. As we all know, despite being married and with children, Harry does in fact have Snape locked somewhere in his basement. The real question is this: Inferius!Snape or Ghost!Snape? Or...?
I don’t know about Inferi (yuck!) or Ghosts (freezing/ephemeral, much?), but I could see obscure potions, magic mirrors, and the Veil coming into the Postwar!Snarry scenarios somewhere.
3. At the end of it all, does Snarry still make your heart beat? What does the future hold for the Snarry Fandom?
Snarry will always be one of my favourite slash pairings, full stop.
Realistically, I don’t know whether the Snarry fandom will continue to produce the high volume of work it has in the past several years (much as I wish it were so), but even if some people move on to new and different things, there will always be some die-hard shippers, a few new recruits, and the community. I hope the archives of some of the great art and fiction we’ve seen over the course of the books will be archived for many years to come, since I frequently re-visit many old favourites!
5. Did Book Seven change your opinion of the pairing?
It restricted my view of cannon, specifically post-war cannon. That tends to be a teeny bit inevitable when half of your ship kicks it before the other half is out of his teens. I still have free-reign in fannon, though-my favourite part of Snarry, anyway!
7. What motivates you to be creative?
In the case of Snarry? I love their complex dymnamic and visual juxtaposition (i.e. They’re hot together) and I hold some of the Snarry fandom’s stunning drabbles and novel-lengths in higher esteem than I hold many hardbound classics. Part of my artistic complex motivates me to illustrate that which I revere or find particularly vivid-thus, I sometimes draw Snarry.
8. The latest restrictions on art at Livejournal have affected many fanartists in many fandoms. How has it affected you?
It’s a shame that Livejournal felt it necessary to start something like this. I think the troubles at LJ are causing a brilliant, fragile community to become awkwardly fragmented, as some communities and artists stay with flock and some make the switch to other hosts. Also, the artists who actually experienced direct conflicts with LJ have my sympathy.
9. Do you have a favourite piece of work (any subject) you wish to share with our viewers? Can you link it for us?
I post most all of my stuff at DevArt-the following is one I had a lot of fun with.
10. Are you excited about being in the Games this year?
There are no words….XD
Thank you, nymaulth! Stay tuned for more interviews!