|snarrymod (snarrymod) wrote in snarry_games,|
@ 2007-09-22 00:00:00
|Entry tags:||interviews, team romance|
CHAMPION INTERVIEW # 6 - Froggie!
Your Name: froggie
Your Team: Romance
1. Now that the final word has been penned, what is your favourite canon Snape moment from all seven books? Harry? Snarry?
*Crickets*....Mod says: What? Too hard a question? *ducks*
2. As we all know, despite being married and with children, Harry does in fact have Snape locked somewhere in his basement. The real question is this: Inferius!Snape or Ghost!Snape? Or...?
He probably goes back to Godric's Hollow and they annoy the shit out of one another, most likely. (And I'd guess Ghost!Snape, because he'd hardly be able to leave well enough alone dead.)
3. At the end of it all, does Snarry still make your heart beat? What does the future hold for the Snarry Fandom?
In a strange way, yes. I'm kind of distancing myself from fandom at this point because I just entered a relentless school with no time or capacity to really create much fanart. That being said, I still find myself going back to Snarry because it's a nice dynamic to read. As far as the future goes? I have no idea. Fandom is kind of...sleeping. I hope something wakes it up. Maybe Daniel Radcliffe will bare his bits in the States or something.
4. Severus Snape: Hopeless or heartless?
He pretends to be the latter and probably envisions himself as the former, but I don't think he's either. I think he's resigned himself to his fate, but it doesn't make him hopeless.
5. Did Book Seven change your opinion of the pairing?
Not really; it just reaffirmed a lot of sentiments that many fanfiction writers were already implementing anyway. (Snape is "good" rather than "evil", etc.)
6. What is one scene you wished you could have read, one that JKR clearly forgot in Book 7?
Harry goes into the Pensieve to view Snape's memories and gets a weird crush-type thing.
7. What motivates you to be creative?
Stress. Not having enough time. The human figure.
8. The latest restrictions on art at Livejournal have affected many fanartists in many fandoms. How has it affected you?
Well, considering I was underage for about 2 out of my 4 years as a fanartist, it made me laugh that they could rightfully ban me for some of the work I did then.
Mostly, it's just made me angry at large companies and businesses.
9. Do you have a favourite piece of work (any subject) you wish to share with our viewers? Can you link it for us?
I have a particular attachment to this piece (NWS!!!): http://pics.livejournal.com/froggie/p
It's Snape/Black, and I like to look at it because it reminds me of the conditions under which it was made. I had a smut_wednesday piece to do, and I had no idea where to start until I found a really crappy ink brush under my bed and began splattering ink all over the page. I think it came out pretty good, considering the process, and I feel like I got the "woodcut" look down.
Also, this "Surrealist Snarry", because it's the most honest combination of my fanart and my original art: http://pics.livejournal.com/froggie/p
I'm not going to link any of my original art at the moment, since I'm kind of going to school for that and I'd prefer to keep most of it hidden. It doesn't really matter anyway, since all I've really drawn in the last four years is porn.
10. Are you excited about being in the Games this year?
Yes. It was an honor to participate, and I wish I could have been more involved. Unfortunately, uni is kicking my ass, and I need to focus on where I am if I want to succeed/sleep/LIVE.
Mod says: You go, girl! *has froggie's beautiful art in inbox already...whoa*
Thank you, froggie!
Stay tuned for more interviews! Games begin posting in TWO WEEKS.