SIGN-UPS WILL BEGIN MONDAY, SEPTEMBER 12, 2011 NOON EST
"Snarry Swap" is an anonymous fic and art exchange fest hosted by snape_potter. All entries will be cross-posted directly to snape_potter on LJ, IJ, and DW.
We are excited to get started and hope you choose to join us. Together, we'll ring in the new year with rimming the fireworks of Snarry!
Sixth Annual Snarry Swap Timeline
Sign-Ups Begin: Monday, September 12, 2011 Noon EST Sign-Ups End: When we have reached a maximum of 30 participants OR September 26, 2011. Assignments will be e-mailed: On or before October 3, 2011 Creations are due: Tuesday, December 1, 2011 Posting: January 1st - 31st, 2012 (depending upon the number of participants)
- Participants must be 18 years old or older before January 1, 2012.
- Snape/Harry must be the primary pairing of all creations. Secondary pairings are allowed but the primary pairing must include Snape/Harry.
- Creations may be of any rating from G - NC-17.
- The minimum word count for fics is 1,500. There is no maximum.
- All authors and artists are expected to follow their recipient's request. While you do not have to include every single element they request, please try to honour the request to the best of your ability. The most important considerations are 1) avoiding all squicks and 2) including at least one of the scenarios/kinks they requested.
If a completed entry is found to be a poor match for the intended recipient because the author or artist submits an entry not meeting the above considerations or requiring extensive revision, the author or artist will be asked to make any necessary changes. However, last minute, hastily produced, bare-minimum gifts are unacceptable and the mods reserve the right to refuse an entry or re-assign a recipient.
- If your recipient drops out or some other situation causes your entry to be orphaned, you will be notified and your entry will be gifted to either a pinch hitter or the community.
- We ask that your story be beta-read or at the very least SPaG (Spelling Punctuation and Grammar) proofed. Art should be vetted by at least one other person with the recipient's request in mind. If you need a beta, there will be a 'call for betas' post later in the fest.
- Creations must be complete and original. They can't be part of a WiP.
- Creations are posted anonymously. Please make sure there is no identifying information (for example, your signature on artwork) when you send in your completed story/art file.
- You may not post your creations elsewhere until after the big reveal.
- Email your creations and any questions you may have to spfestmod @ gmail.com
- The mods will always send confirmation of receipt of your entry within 24 hours, so if you do not get a confirmation, then we did not receive it. Please double check to make certain you have sent the entry to the correct email address which is spfestmod @ gmail.com
- Please use the following headers:
Q. What happens if I won't be in front of my computer when sign-ups begin? A. Proxy sign-ups are acceptable. Please ask a friend who will be available when sign-ups open to post your completed sign-up for you.
Q. What does a 'completed sign up' look like and where can I find it? A. If you need to use a proxy, simply copy/paste the following template and ask your friend to post it in the comment section of the sign-up post. This is the same template that will appear on the actual sign-up post.
Please be aware if you request that your gift only be art and we do not have sufficient artist sign-ups, we may not be able to fulfill your request. If this occurs, we will contact you.
Q. If I am posting a proxy sign-up for a friend, is there something special I need to do? A. Just be available to post their completed sign-up in the comment section of the sign-up post. Also, please include the name of the person you are signing up in the header. If you have any questions or problems, please contact a mod at spfestmod @ gmail.com
Q. What is considered chan for the fest? A. As with anything posted at snape_potter, something is considered to be chan (underage) if you have a character under the age of 18 in a sexual/romantic situation. Please keep this definition in mind for your sign-up.
Q. I forgot to include something important in my sign-up. Can I make additions or changes? A. If you forget or want to change something, you can always add information in a reply to your comment before sign-ups close. After that point, please e-mail any changes or additions to the mods at spfestmod @ gmail.com and we will forward the information to the person creating your gift.
Q. What if I don't receive my assignment or there is a problem with my assignment? A. Contact the mods immediately at spfestmod @ gmail.com. One of the mods will always reply to any email they receive within 24 hours. If you do not receive a reply, then we did not receive your email. Please double check to make certain you have sent your email to the correct email address which is, again, spfestmod @ gmail.com
Q. What if I sign up and find myself needing a couple more days to finish my entry? A. Contact the mods as soon as you realize that you won't make the deadline and request an extension. We do understand that sometimes life happens and will do our best to accommodate your request. However, because this is an exchange, we do ask that you understand that we may not be able to grant a request that comes right on or immediately after the deadline.