To Challenge Yourself.
|About:||This community was created for those of any age and any gender who self injure and have a genuine desire to stop.|
This community is NOT a PRO COMMUNITY. If your intent is to ridicule, harass, or encourage SI behavior, you will be banned and/or immediately reported.
NOTE: This community will not be a closed community unless a significant number of members request it. Remember, we are all here for the same reasons, and we're all in this together. If you still feel uncomfortable about posting in an open community, feel free to post under "Friends Only" or even "Private".
Regardless of whether you are a member, do not go into other people's personal journals and harass or pry into their lives. This subject is one that takes strength and courage to deal with, let alone admit. Befriending other members is, of course, encouraged. However, any personal abuse complaints can be kept confidential and emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. Abusers will be reported. And then I will kick their ass.
"Why did you create Self Cure? What's the purpose of the community?"
You may be wondering how this community is different from the hundreds of SI communities over Insanejournal. Many of these sights are supportive and helpful, and undoubtedly many people have positively benefited from them. However, sometimes these communities can cause more harm than help, as many people are triggered by various entries. This community was created not to reflect on the past of each member, but to focus on the future, and encourage and support them along the way.
The Self Cure Challenge is a challenge to the entire community of members. Short and sweet, the goal is to reman SI free for 100+ days. SI is not limited to cutting, it includes all types of self-injury, such as bulimia and anorexia. Each new member should introduce themselves and say how long it has been since their last SI occurrence. From the point that a member introduces himself/herself, they will immediately have started the current challenge. Each member will be on their honor to post whether or not they have self-injured themselves. If any member breaks the challenge, the 100 Days will be reset. You can most certainly join this community if you are already past 100 days. Offering your personal advice, support, and encouragement will benefit every member!
"I still don't get it. What's the point of staying SI free for 100 Days?"
SI is something that we can control. Each of us have value and worth, and people who care about us. If we can stay SI free for 100 days, then we can stay SI free for 200, 300 days. Some of us may go on to be free from the habit for the rest of their lives.
The Self Cure challenge is done as a community to encourage community support. If you feel like giving in, tell us. This community is about building a support system and succeeding as a group. Even the slightest understanding or kind words from a fellow member can convince a person not to hurt themselves. If one of us feels like breaking the challenge, we'll have others to talk us up. If you can't stop SI for the sake of yourself, then focus on stopping for the sake of others. Do you feel like no one cares, like no one understands? We care. We understand. We're all fighting the same battle.
THIS COMMUNITY IS A SAFE PLACE. THIS COMMUNITY IS A PLACE TO GIVE/RECEIVE ADVICE ON HOW TO STOP SELF INJURY.
This is NOT a place to post triggering pictures, experiences, and stories. Forget about your pasts and your mistakes in order to create a better future. If you feel that you can only be helped by posting your experience or story, please post it behind an ij-cut. For many people, your experience may have a triggering effect.
Still unsure whether to join or not?
To join this community, you should fall into one of these categories:
1) I am mature enough to post and comment in a respectful manner.
2) I am actively SI and have a genuine desire to stop.
3) I am a former SI-er who would like to offer advice and encouragement to those willing to stop.
4) I have never self injured but want to support and encourage those who are willing to stop.
1) Long posts, and experiences you feel that you must post, need to be behind an ij-cut. If your post is overly triggering, I will ask you to put it behind a cut. If this isn't done within 24 hours, your post will be deleted.
To do a cut type (ij-cut text="whatever you want") then at the end (/lj-cut) replacing the brackets with these ones < >
2) Be mature. Don't start fights. This community isn't about creating drama.
3) If your user pic is graphic and/or overly triggering, please be respectful enough to use a different one when you post here.
4) No promoting or advertising.
5) This is a safe place. Don't do anything that hurts someone else in here or that gets me in trouble with LJ.
6) If you join this community, your first post must introduce yourself. You don't have to say anything more than "Hi, I'm so and so and I'm doing the challenge." Keep it as anonymous or as public as you want.
7) In your first post, try to include the name of one person in your life who knows about your battle with SI and is there supporting you along the way. If you have no one in your life who you confide in or talk to, you'll find many members willing to support you!
8) None of us here are professionally trained psychologists or doctors. (Unless you really are, of course). The advice and support we give stems from our personal experiences with SI. It is up to you whether or not to disregard it.
|Interests:||135: abuse, abusive relationships, adulthood, adults, alcohol, alliance, alone, ana, anger, angst, anorexia, antidepressants, anxiety, bills, bipolar, blades, bleed, bleeding, blood, body issues, bruising, bulimia, burners, burning, burns, careers, cigarette burns, college, community, compassion, coping, counseling, crises, crying, cure, cut, cuts, cutters, cutters that are healed, cutting, depression, destructive, disorders, emotions, feelings, feline psychology, fire, guilt, harm, hate, hatred, healing, health, heartbreak, help, hiding, high school, hope, hopelessness, hospitalization, hurt, hurting, hurting inside, ignorance, injury, insomnia, isolation, joy, knives, lgbt, life, listening, living, lonely, manic depression, marriage, medication, mental health, mental illness, mental problems, mia, negative, neglect, numb, numbness, obsessive compulsive, obsessive-compulsive, obsessive-compulsive disorder, ocd, pain, pains, paranoia, partners, positivity, prevention, problems, razor blades, razors, recovering, recovery, rent, resentment, sad, sadness, scabs, scars, scratchers, scratching, secrets, self abuse, self harm, self hate, self injure, self injuring, self injury, self-abuse, self-harm, self-hate, si, silence, skin, slashing, strength, suicide, support, survival, survivors, tears, teenagers, teens, therapy, trichotillomania, upset, venting, violence.|
|Account type:||Free Patient|