The Future in Retro
|About:||COMMUNITY RULES Updated 12/29/05|
Seadeck is a multi-genre fannish community based on the show seaQuest DSV (also known as seaQuest 2032 in its third season). This means gen, het, and slash are all welcome and encouraged. If you have issues with any of the three, do us all a favor and don't ask to join.
All three seasons of the show are open for discussion in this forum. If you don't like the third season...well, you're not alone, but no discussion of third season will be stopped merely because it is of third season. The same holds true for the crew members of all three seasons.
RPF (Real People Fiction) will not be allowed in this community, and discussion of the actors beyond their work on seaQuest is also off-topic. And by "off-topic," I mean don't post it. Posting it with a subject line that says "off-topic" is not acceptable. Just don't do it.
Use LJ cut tags for any long posts, which in this community means anything over 4000 characters. Instructions on how to do cut tags can be found in the LiveJournal FAQ. Also use cut tags for any artwork, and for sets of more than nine icons.
Fiction is welcome, either posted directly to the community or through a link to your own LJ or webspace. Vid announcements are also welcome, with a link for viewing or downloading. Same goes for photo manips and artwork.
Discussion is very welcome, as is debate, but keep it impersonal. The first person to start with the flaming will get a faceful of the mod's own supersize Fire Extinguisher. Focus on the show/story/characters, not the people who disagree with you. If you're uncertain whether a post is inflammatory, feel free to email the mod and ask.
In conjunction with the above, don't take it upon yourself to try policing the community. If you have problems with a discussion going on, email the mod privately, but trust I'm handling the situation according to the rules of the community. If someone's saying your story sucks, it may be tough to hear, but it's still valid criticism. If they're saying you suck, then it's flaming and I'll handle it. Guest mods will be appointed for those times when I'm not online. An announcement will always be posted as to who the guest mod is, so you'll have contact information if you need it.
Discussion will include reviews of both eps and stories, recs, character analysis, and critiques. Critiques will include both good and bad points of their subject. Do not post a story, story link, vid, vid link, work of art, or related link to this community if you are not willing to have it criticized. I will not be limiting discussion to only those creative works posted in the community, either, so if you write sQ fanfic, create sQ music vids, or do artwork based on sQ, be aware that your work could well come up in a discussion, and not everything said about it is likely to be flattering. Use your best judgment.
This is a closed community, with anonymous posting disallowed. This means anyone can read, anyone with an LJ can comment, and only members can post. To become a member, email the mod acknowledging that you are legal and that you understand there will be adult content featured in this community.
1. Do not comment on an episode post telling me you can't download for some reason. Yousendit's servers are not my servers, I have no control over their bandwidth or storage issues.
2. Do not comment on an old episode post requesting that I re-upload it so you can get it. I already mentioned the time and resources issues involved in uploading an episode, and I'm afraid I'm just not willing to sacrifice more time and resources re-uploading an episode for just one person.
3. Do not comment to an episode post asking if I have some other episode and if I would upload it. I am going in order to the end of season two. I will start over when I reach that point. I don't have season three, I will not be getting season three, and I will not be going out of order on season two.
4. If there's a particular episode you really want, you can post to the community asking if anyone has it and would be willing to send it to you. The way to make such a request is as follows:
a) Be polite. This should be a no-brainer, but it's good to be clear. Ask nicely, with the understanding that no one in the community is obliged to assist you.
b) Do your research. Find the title of the episode you want if you can, and post as much detail as possible for those who don't know the episode titles. Just saying, "I'm looking for the episode where the seaQuest answers a distress call and rescues someone," is not going to cut it.
c) You're allowed to post one request per ep every three-month cycle. This means that if you make a post requesting "Sympathy for the Deep," you cannot request that same episode again until three months have passed. You can make other posts requesting other eps, but not that one. There are a few reasons for this: request posts could easily become spam without regulations in place, and three months between requests means there's a better chance someone will have the ep you want when you request it again.
5. You are encouraged to share any episodes you have yourself. I got my eps from a number of P2P networks, including eMule, WinMX, and Kazaalite. I understand there are also torrents available. If you really want an episode, this community is not the only resource you have at your disposal.
UPDATED 6. Season One of seaQuest DSV was released on DVD in the U. S. on 12/26/05. As a result, I will not be uploading season one eps from this point on. Thank you to everyone else who voted on TV Shows on DVD, as the press releases indicated our voting was indeed a factor in the decision to release the show. No release date has yet been announced for season two, so I will continue to upload season two eps until they are also released on DVD. Do not ask me to upload season one eps. Don't ask for season one eps on the community, either. I realize the DVDs may not be available in your area of the world, but I reside in the U. S. and I maintain this community, and while it was unlikely TPTB would prosecute me for distribution of the eps when they weren't officially available, I'm not willing to take that chance now that the DVDs are out there.
The first violation of any of the following rules will get you a warning. If you do not heed the warning and fix the issue, or if you violate the rules again, you will be banned.
7. If you see someone using an icon on this community that you like, ask them if you can use it before taking it. I can tell you now, if it's my icon, the answer is no. I don't share. Other people have other policies, and finding out what they are before stealing someone's icons is always good practice.
8. If you take an icon from an icon post in this community, respect the poster's rules about credit in keywords, no alterations, etc.
9. If you make an icon post to this community, the icons contained therein should be your own work, or you should have gotten permission from the creator to post them. If you are posting icons on behalf of someone else, please include their LJ username or other contact information for anyone wishing to send them feedback. If they don't wish any contact, their fannish name is fine.
Vids, Fic, and Art
Plagiarism or other theft is not tolerated in this community. Again, the first violation gets you a warning. Failure to correct the situation or repeat violations will get you banned.
10. As with icons, any fic, vids, or art you post to the community should be your own. If they are not, you should have permission from the creator to post them. Again, include the LJ username or other contact information of the creator for feedback purposes. If they don't wish any contact, say so and give their fannish preferred name.
11. This rule is already in place, but it bears repeating: If you post to this community, you are saying that you welcome criticism or disagreement. If you don't want concrit on your work, don't post it here. If you don't welcome debate to your view of a character, ep, or other point of canon, don't post it here. However, debate and concrit on this community are not restricted to just the things posted here. If your work is available in some other public format, it is fair game to this community. If this bothers you, you would do well to either stay away from the community, or take your work out of the public arena.
These rules are still in the process of being refined, so suggestions are welcome.
Finally, if all of the above work for you, then come on in. The water's fine.
|Interests:||33: ben krieg, captain nathan bridger, chief manilow crocker, chief william shan, commander jonathan ford, dagwood, darwin the dolphin, dr. joshua levine, dr. kristin westphalen, dr. wendy smith, ensign lonnie henderson, jim brody, jonathan ford, joshua levine, katherine hitchcock, kristin westphalen, lonnie henderson, lt. benjamin krieg, lt. commander katherine hitchcock, lt. jim brody, lt. tim o'neill, lucas wolenczak, manilow crocker, miguel ortiz, nathan bridger, seaquest, seaquest 2032, seaquest dsv, sensor chief miguel ortiz, tim o'neill, wendy smith, william shan, wskrs|
|Members:||4: herdivineshadow, i_want_2, misplacedwords, ranalore|
|Watched by:||4: herdivineshadow, i_want_2, misplacedwords, ranalore|
|Account type:||Free Patient|
|Date created:||2007-06-10 04:31:37|
|Date updated:||2008-01-06 03:56:37, 663 weeks ago|
|Comments:||Posted: 0 - Received: 0|
|Posting Access:||4: herdivineshadow, i_want_2, misplacedwords, ranalore|