|Website:||R/S Games on LJ|
Art created by nk_aoede and banner created by basisers_gais.
Why should Snarry have all the fun? PuppyShippers can win games, too! So here is our chance to go for the proverbial gold and have a little canine fun along the way.
The idea is to form into teams and to create the finest fics and works of art we possibly can in a short amount of time. And then, we get to vote!
Here is how it works: There will be two teams of up to 40 writers and 8 artists. One for those who wish to work with the Puppies’ childhood and schooling (Marauder’s Era, or 1960 - 1977) and one for Post-Hogwarts and beyond (1977 - oblivion.) Each team will compete to win the Puppyshippers’ Gold by creating the best fics and artwork. The public at large gets to vote on the best fics and art works, but the real fun is in the process of creating some wonderful R/S works to share!
The game is divided into two rounds. The first being a full 8 week round and the second being a speed round. Any and every team member can create a work of art or fiction based on that prompts and those works will be submitted to the mods for screening. At this point the mods will pair up each work with a like work (we’ll attempt to match length, genre, etc.) and the public is invited to vote. Anyone except for team members may vote (that wouldn’t be fair, would it) and we encourage people to come and participate. At the end of each round... after the voting has been completed the winner’s of each round will be announced.
General Game Rules:
1. The stories will be a minimum of 1,500 words, but there is no maximum.
2. Art has no size requirements.
3. Stories will be based upon the prompts given and should fall into one of the following five genres:
4. All stories and fics will be posted behind an LJ cut. All works must be submitted by the deadlines and will be screened, matched (like against like) and posted by mods.
5. All fics and art must be rated. Ratings in the community will go from "all ages" to "18+". Obviously, this community will contain fictional works involving same-sex relationships between fictional characters. If you are bothered by that concept please do not enter. All ADULT rated art/fanfiction will be F-LOCKED and flagged as adult content. You will need to join the community as well as watch it in order to see it.
6. While there are no official rules against (properly labeled) adult themes and material, please be aware that this is a game opened to everyone and the more general the access, the more votes you will get. Limiting it to, say, 17 and over will obviously decrease readership. The same is true for non-consensual sex and other controversial themes.
7. A list of prompts will be posted and each participant must choose two prompts from the list. After the deadlines the mods will begin posting fics and artwork for voting. Submitted works will be posted in batches and voting will last one week per batch.
8. At the discretion of the mods, each entry will be posted against one from other team. Entries will be judged in the following manner:
How well did the author/artist use their Genres? 1 to 10 (1 being the least)
How well did the author/artist use their Prompt? 1 to 10 (1 being the least)
How much did you like this story/art overall? 1 to 10 (1 being the least)
Again, voting is opened to the public, but team members and mods cannot vote. All votes are averaged so it does not matter as much how many people vote for any particular story or artwork.
9. Winners will be announced weekly and overall scores will be posted by the mods.
10. Each team will have a home community in which to gather and make decisions. (The first of these decisions is to choose and vote on a team name. This community is also your place to plan battle strategies and support each other as teammates. This support can come in the form of cheerleading, beta help, and the collective support needed to win the PuppyShippers Gold. The teams can also use these private communities to enlist the support of and ask anything required of our most excellent mod team with all things Games related.
Sign-ups begin on Monday, February 25th and will last until midnight, EST on March 3rd. Please use the following form to sign up:
Real name (optional):
Country/City/State (just to get an idea of your time zone):
Team Choice: (If you are willing to play on either team, please note that and the mods will be happy to assign you to the team who needs you most!)
Once sign-ups are completed, teams will assemble at their respective communities and will receive further instructions at that time.
Art For Icons/Headers/Promo Banners: nk_aoede (THANK YOU!)
Maker of Icons/Headers/Promo Banners/Award Banners: basisers_gais (THANK YOU!)
The Rules Were Written By: brighty_18.
The games are based on the famous snarry_games.
Affiliates: hd_worldcup, snarry_games, rs_small_gifts, fullmooncircle and triatha_ron.
Disclaimer: rs_games does not own Harry Potter or any of the characters/places/items/ideas from J.K. Rowlings books.
|Interests:||46: azkaban, black/lupin, doujinshi, fanart, fanfiction, games, goblet of fire, gof, gryffindor, harry potter, james potter, lupin/black, lupin/sirius, lycanthropy, marauders, moony, moony/padfoot, mwpp, ootp, order of the phoenix, padfoot, padfoot/moony, poa, prisoner of azkaban, prongs, r/s games, r/s_games, remus, remus lupin, remus lupin/sirius black, remus/sirius, rl/sb, rs_games, sb/rl, sirius, sirius black, sirius black/remus lupin, sirius/lupin, sirius/remus, slash, slash art, slashart, snarry games, theirloveissocanon, werewolves, yaoi|
|Members:||53: accio_kilt, |
|Watched by:||35: accio_kilt, aunty_marion, clauclauclaudia, drachenmina, dream_country, estioe, eumelkeks, faynia, gatewaygirl, gryffindorj, iheartbowie, knic26, littleblackbow, littleroo27, lrodell, magic_at_mungos, midnitemarauder, mom2enk, murmure_c, noscrubs12345, pre_raphaelite1, raisin_gal, reddwarfer, remussirius_fan, slightlytookish, sweetmelodykiss, terrible_tues, themessrs, this_girl_is, triciagnosis, txrabbit, unbroken_halo, vamp2puppy, venturous, zephre|
|Account type:||Free Patient|
|Date created:||2008-02-01 16:24:33|
|Date updated:||2008-05-16 01:50:39, 523 weeks ago|
|Comments:||Posted: 0 - Received: 40|