|lucy caboosey. (caboosey) wrote in rp_tutorials,|
@ 2012-01-31 16:06:00
|Entry tags:||layouts: character profiles|
Scribbld Profile Layouts
1. Go to Scribbld.com.
2. Create a journal.
3. Click the confirmation link in your email.
4. Under 'Customize' on the left hand side, click on Create Style.
5. Select the "Most Recent Events" option, and click "Create Style." When the success page comes up, click on "Edit Style."
6. In the "Description" box, fill in a name for the page so it will be organized in your styles list whenever you go to 'Edit Style.' (Not necessary, but recommended! Scribbld won't let you create another style until you rename the first one.)
7. Scroll all the way down to the very end of the page until you get to the large white text box that's located just above the "Save Style" button. This is where you will be putting your HTML!
8. After you have put in the HTML, press "Save Style" and a success page should come up. It will say, "Style has been updated. You can view it here." Click on the "Here" link, and that will be the permanent link for you to use to link it in your journal.
First and foremost, if you want to space two lines, there must be a line break code! This is simply <*br*> without the asterisks. A double space would be two of those, etc. Pressing the enter key will not achieve the same effect when it comes to Scribbld.
LIST OF COLORS TO POTENTIALLY CHANGE:
(All colors are corresponding to the chosen background border image!)
TITLE OF PAGE Not a color, but I figured this one was important to point out. Be sure to change this!
Background image around the table: If you use the Ctrl + F function, paste in this URL to locate it and then change it to whatever you please: http://i41.tinypic.com/2vllcwh.png
E1CEA1: is the background color for the entire thing, so use Ctrl + F to locate it and change it to a color value you like!
body bgcolor="#FFFFFF" text="#76B0A4" link="#F6506C" vlink="#F6506C" alink="#F6506C": Your font and link colors will be found directly under the TITLE OF PAGE part. The 76B0A4 is the blue, and the F6506C is the red color for the links.
EB8F4B: is for things in bold, but this one must be done manually. If you put it into a word processor and use the find/replace tool (Ctrl + F even on websites!) you can replace it all at once, or at least know where they all are!
Title Bars: This code will be found in the first chunk of the HTML to format the page. It will look like this:
font-family: Courier New;
"color: " is the font color, while the other is clearly the background color. That section creates the title bars that say BASIC INFORMATION, PERSONALITY, etc.
The main image is 297 in width and 350 in height. I recommend keeping these dimensions, but if you don't there's a built-in resizing code in the HTML.
Obviously, the gif is just there for fun. URL: http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lynwm8g0
As said before, be sure to use line breaks in between paragraphs so things are spaced appropriately! Obviously you can change the sections to say whatever you like. For instance, if you don't want a "Relationships" section, you could change it to "Soundtrack" and list songs that remind you of your character.
If you want to put anymore under basic information, just C&P the code and add as much as you'd like! Don't worry, if it becomes too long a scrollbar will appear there as well!