Role Playing Game
|Theme:||RPG - Slash, BDSM, celebrity-based original characters|
|About:||Moderator: Contact jayden_rpg at the email above to join the game.|
Welcome to The Retreat: an adult-only, slash, BDSM role-playing game. The Retreat is based on the RPG Maison Phoenix (on greatestjournal.com) and loosely follows the canon created for that alternate universe.
Calypso's Isle is the flagship of an exclusive fleet of decadently luxurious cruise-liners owned by Babylon Enterprises Inc., one of the largest and most powerful companies in the world. This ship is unique in that it only caters to the most privileged and wealthy Babylon members from all around the world, offering its passengers a secluded retreat in which to discreetly enjoy their most hidden pleasures. A floating city, Calypso's Isle sails the world's oceans continuously, making port occasionally to refuel and restock. Passengers and crew live on the ship year round.
Hidden behind the elegant facade of Calypso's Isle, however, is a dark and dangerous world. In this world, slavery is legal. Corporations are more powerful than governments. And a human being can be bought and sold by the corporation virtually at will.
Ordinarily, slaves are mere property, but not sexual objects. For those unfortunate enough to serve on the ship, however, slavery means sexual slavery. For the ship’s chief purpose is to cater to the dark, secret, decadent desires of its passengers. Nothing is forbidden. Nothing is denied. Isolated in the vast ocean, here is the place where dreams and nightmares become reality.
* This is an adults-only RPG. All puppets must be 18 years of age or older.
* Slavery is legal in this alternate universe. Cope. Multinational corporations like Babylon secretly own all governments to one degree or another, and work by their own sets of rules.
* There are no safewords for slaves. Level of resistance a slave pup has to his/her condition is up to the player. A slave may not refuse a master, though, and there are ways to deal with disobedience. This, however, does not apply to player/player interactions. Both parties should discuss and agree to the details of a "scene" before chatting.
* Escape? A slave contemplating making an escape will have these things to contend with:
1. A tracking chip implant.
2. Guards who continually patrol all decks.
3. The ocean.
4. Sharks. heh
Honestly, is Calypso's Isle such a bad place to live in? *G* All kidding aside, the ship is a state of the art facility. However, it is brand new and untested. What this means for game play is that the mods will allow a certain number of escape plots. Keep in mind that these cannot be abused, and that each time, security will become tighter. Ultimately, no one can escape Babylon. (Trusted Masters are allowed to take slaves in good standing off the ship when it makes port for a bit of fun, but only for short periods of time, depending on the Master’s standing.)
* Master/slave interactions: In this world, romantic relationships between masters and slaves is a taboo. They are discouraged and looked down upon by society. However, the heart wants what the heart wants, and this is the reason why Calypso's Isle exists. Let the plotting begin. *G*
* Play with as many other players as you can. This builds plot. Your PWP of today can yield the plot bunnies of the future. That said, some of the plots can turn character intensive, so do not be discouraged or shy if the pup you want to play with isn't readily available. Keep pinging, write emails, pimp your pups on the OOC. You need to ask outright. Hints are easy to miss in chat. Whatever you do, though, don't harass people into playing with you. That's a sure fire way to alienate them and possibly get kicked off the game.
While slavery is legal and accepted, sexual slavery exists only in the shadows of society. The unfortunate slaves sent to the ship are the playthings of the wealthy and powerful. They have no rights and no hope of ever getting off the ship alive. As if this were not enough, when they are not being molested or even tortured, slaves are also required to work on varying aspects of the ship's upkeep at least four hours a day. Slaves serving on board are there for the rest of their lives.
Anybody with money, power, and fame who has a penchant for the darker side of sexual play and power exchange can find all their needs and desires very discreetly catered to on Babylon's floating city: Calypso's Isle, a highly exclusive ship where the powerful can have basically anything, or anyone, they want. Everything is available to them for the right price. To outsiders, the ship is merely a luxury cruise liner. On board, Calypso's Isle is a very closed society in which Masters watch out for each other and their fetishes are shrouded in silence and mystery. This silence, however, is never to be broken because anyone is just a mistake away from wearing a collar if they mess up.
Deck Officers, Hospitality and Service, Security, Medical, Maintenance and Engineering crew are always necessary to keep this type of operation running. Because of the sensitive nature of the ship, all crew are considered to be in a position of trust and confidentiality. Some are here for the amenities, the likes of which they might hardly afford except with their generous crew discount. Others have proven themselves loyal in other ways, and are here escaping their pasts. Yet others have taken crew positions to avoid the collar themselves.
Rules for play:
* You must be 18 years old or older to play. No exceptions.
* You must have AIM and be available for play.
* Maintain anonymity: your own and everybody else’s in the game. You may share your identity with your fellow players if you so wish, but many people prefer to remain anonymous and we will do everything in our power to respect that.
* Always rate posts/chats according to the standard US MPAA Rating System: PG-13 to NC-17, according to language, situations and sexual activity. Please include warnings [Ex.: Warnings for violence, bondage, mummification, etc.]
* All pup bio sheets and any other posts that contain a player's personal information must be locked to friends. Consider locking all sensitive posts, use your common sense.
* All profiles (userinfo page) must have disclaimer. Please cover all your bases. You may refer to the disclaimer on this page as an example, or simply use it as is.
* All IC posts are to be posted to the IC comm to be considered in play, not to private (pup) journals. However, you may post the same chat that’s already posted to the IC comm on your pup journal.
* Always use lj cut tag for any posts rated PG-13 or above. No exceptions. The cut is also required for any chats/standalones longer than one paragraph. (And please do not write the ten page paragraph and fail to put it behind a cut. *wink*)
* Keep in mind that third person/present tense is preferred when chatting. This is not a hard and fast rule, but let’s just say it is STRONGLY encouraged.
* A minimum of one chat or standalone post per every two week period is required to retain active status in the community. Any unexplained absences may result in discharge from the community. You may choose to re-apply in order to rejoin the game. This is entirely at the moderator's discretion and our final decision is not negotiable.
* Thou shalt not harass others. Period. Take disputes to mods.
* To maintain a good balance of characters in the game, players with multiple pups must have at least one master or crew character for every slave character they have.
If you have read and understood all of the above rules, understand the basic game concept, can handle RPS, and are willing to explore dark and/or sexual situations and issues; please ask to join this game! By this you indicate that:
* You are of legal age, as defined in your area, to access and read adult material.
* You will not be offended by "scenes" you do not like or agree with. We require everyone to include warnings in their chats' headers. Read them. If you dislike something, or think it contains potentially disturbing matters, don't read it.
* You will keep a healthy separation between your pup and yourself. This is essential to sane role-playing. Do not judge other players by their pups actions, since the same courtesy will be extended to you.
* You do not intend to cause, inflict, invite or otherwise bring about any type of harm - including legal and emotional - to any members of this community.
* You will abide by the moderator's decisions, up to and including banning from the comm. All moderator decisions are final and are not open to discussion.
To Join the Game:
* Review the game info and agree to the rules. This is here for a reason. If you do not read and agree to the rules and apply anyway, you forfeit the right to bitch about them later. Thanks.
* Decide on your puppet and type of character he/she will be (slave, master, or crew). You can look at our current pup list, pup wish list, and NPC pups list for taken or reserved pups, before you submit your application.
* First Contact: E-mail the moderators with your pup ideas, age verification and for further instructions. With first contact, you will be asked to submit a writing sample and reference (such as games you have played in before).
* Once the moderators review your initial request, the next step is submitting the Pup Bio Sheet. Please, fill it out completely and return it to the mods. Please note that you will need to include both OOC and IC information, as well as writing samples in order for us to process your app. Any missing or wrongful information will result in delays.
* Once your pup is approved, the pup journal will be added to the OOC comm and you can post pup's bio sheet to the OOC community to intro him/her to the game.
* When pup is approved and your Pup bio sheet is properly posted on the OOC comm, you’ll be added to the IC community and may beginning posting chats.
* Chat, chat, chat! *winks*
* If you have any questions, ask! We don't bite, although many of our pups do.
You have reached this page through a link from www.insanejournal.com. The Retreat is an adults-only RPG [Role Playing Game] set in a fictional universe. It is a work of fiction, therefore none of the personas, language, situations, lifestyles or actions depicted herein are in any way related to our reality, nor do they in any way reflect upon the celebrity likenesses used as characters for the game. From this follows that absolutely none of the character journals associated with this game belong to the actual celebrities whose names and images they represent. These journals are the work of fans and are meant for entertainment purposes only. No harm, misrepresentation, libel, malice, or copyright infringement is intended. NOTHING YOU READ IN THESE JOURNALS IS TRUE, aside from this disclaimer. No profit or personal gain is garnered from the public images and materials used in these journals, which we believe constitutes "fair use" under section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
WARNING: If you are offended by, or are under the legal age to access adult and/or sexually graphic material in your area, do not click on any of the links related to this community. By continuing you certify that you are over the legal age of consent in your area, and wish to view possibly sexual and erotic material; including sexual interaction between members of the same sex; that this material is not prohibited in the community where you live; and that you will not show this material to minors.***********
|Interests:||8: alternate universe, bdsm, gay relationships, master/slave, role playing, rpg, rps, slash|
|Maintainers:||2: alek_untamed, |
|Members:||3: alek_untamed, |
|Watched by:||2: alek_untamed, novoadonai|
|Account type:||Free Patient|