Outside of Challenge: I've been waiting for so long Title: I've been waiting for so long Author: mander3_swish Word Count: 600 Prompt: “The Best Time of Our Life” for galehot’s Evil!Kinney Girls Birthday Surprise!!!! Summary: Brian has felt the pressure to make sure every trip Justin makes home to Pittsburgh the best ever. This one doesn't go quite according to plan. gus!fic
1. Lately, Brian has felt the pressure to make sure every trip Justin makes home to Pittsburgh the best ever. He tries not to think about the ‘why’ too consciously, but it’s there, in the back of his mind.
The trips, understandably, include a whole lot of fucking... usually starting with a blow job in the car before they ever leave the airport parking lot (if Brian’s the one picking Justin up, which he usually is because Cynthia makes sure his schedule is clear when Justin comes to town).
Unfortunately, this month’s trip has so far NOT gone according to plan.
2. First, there was a snowstorm that delayed Justin’s flight out of LaGuardia. He was stuck in the airport all night waiting for the runways to reopen. Finally, about twelve hours later, his flight boarded and he was Pittsburgh bound.
That unfortunate delay meant Brian couldn’t pick him up because he had a very important meeting with Remson Pharmaceuticals about the next phase of the campaign for their new wonder drug. Instead, Jennifer picked him up and took him for breakfast. She was happy to get a nice visit in with Justin before he and Brian became attached at the.... hip...
3. Second, Michael wormed his way into Justin’s precious visit, hogging the afternoon that ran into the evening. Justin had stopped by Red Cape to hammer out some story lines for the next edition of Rage so that he could start working on the graphics. Brian was unimpressed when he got the call from Justin to pick him up from the Novotny-Bruckners. He just knew they’d get coerced into staying for supper, which they did.
He was slightly pissed that he hadn’t been able to convince Justin into a quickie in the bathroom before dessert, the little shit.
4. Finally, finally, Brian got Justin to himself twenty-four hours later than expected.
The first round, they didn’t even make it up to the loft before Justin was coming down Brian’s throat.
During the nth round the next morning, they were -of course- interrupted by the screeching of the telephone. Brian answered and found out that Gus broke his arm during his hockey game that morning. Even though Lindsay said there was nothing he could really do, Brian just had to get to Toronto -ASAP.
Justin fully supported Brian’s decision to go, and at the last minute, decided to accompany him.
5. Everyone could tell that Gus appreciated his daddy coming to visit. As soon as he saw him, he threw his arms around his neck and snuggled his face into his chest. He didn’t care if he was eight and too old for hugs from his dad.
Justin gave Gus a drawing he made on the plane (between trying not to be too obvious about what Brian’s hand was doing under the blanket over his lap). It depicted that time last summer when the three of them went down to The Beaches and splashed around in the waves of Lake Ontario.
6. Gus would treasure that drawing forever, just like the memories from the day at the beach itself. He also loved that Dad and Justin could visit to make sure he was okay. It was only a broken arm after all, but seeing his dad’s name on the cast and the little drawing Justin made of Gus in his hockey gear made it all just a little more bearable.
Justin fell asleep on the cab ride to the airport, his head resting on Brian’s thigh. Brian gently stroked his fingers through the soft golden hair, enjoying every last second he could.