A Woman's Freedom to Choose
|Name:||A Woman's Freedom to Choose|
|About:||A woman's freedom of choice and her right to choose what happens to her body ranks among one of the greatest accomplishments for humanity. It is crucial that we do not stand idly by while this hard-won right is stripped from us.|
Pro-Choice does NOT mean:
What it DOES mean:
"Would you abort?"
For many people, that answer would vary at any given point in their life. Some people may say 'yes', regardless. Others may say 'no'. But in between are many, many more who may choose abortion at some point in their lives because it is the best choice for all involved -- themselves, their future, and their future or existing children.
Not everyone who is pro-choice would personally choose abortion. Pro-choice does not mean pro-abortion, as those who subscribe to the "prolife" belief try to insist. It means exactly that: pro-choice. If a woman chooses to have the baby, then that's fine. If she chooses abortion, that's fine too. The fact that we have the freedom and the right to make that choice on an individual basis is the whole point.
1) Do unto others as you would have them do unto you. In other words, respect one another and their personal choices. This also covers respecting other people's privacy.
2) No off-topic or introduction posts, unless said intro post has meat -- relevant, on-topic information. (i.e., "Hi, I'm new here. I found this news article about...") Off-topic posts will be deleted without notice.
3) Check back over the site before posting news links. The first thirty posts are easily available at a glance, and one click will get you the next thirty. If it's already up, don't post the same news. Duplicate posts will usually be deleted without notice. (Exceptions made for a different news link that has more information than the preceding one.)
4) All members must be pro-choice. Coming here to say "Abortion is wrong and you're all going to burn in hell for killing widdle babyeez" is going to get you an "O RLY?" and a ban.
+ Side note - we do welcome people on the fence between pro- and anti-choice camps trying to sort out their own feelings on the morality of it. Many pro-choicers are genuinely interested in helping in that regard, because many of us have likewise struggled with similar issues.
5) LJ-Cut all lengthy posts and all pictures/videos.
6) Do not modify your font and/or font color when posting.
7) Do not disable comments. Do not delete posts or other people's comments. If there is a problem, contact the moderator(s) and let them deal with it.
8) Do not post tasteless pro-abortion/dead baby jokes, pictures, and the like. Save those for your personal journal. Not all of us appreciate such things showing up on our flist.
And if you disagree that abortion should remain a legal choice, please drop in and visit prolife. Both places wish for debate and drama to be kept out, so we encourage like-minded users to join the asylum which they agree with more.
|Interests:||72: abortion, abortion rights, activism, adoption, babies, birth control, child, childbirth, childfree, children, choosing abortion, choosing life, civic rights, clinics, coathangers, crisis pregnancy, democrats, female, female health, females, feminism, fetus, freedom, freedom from religion, freedom of choice, freedom of religion, herbal abortion, i'm not sorry, keep abortion legal, liberal, libertarians, life, medical, medical health, medical procedure, million 4 roe, miscarriage, my body, my rights, naral, national organization for women, natural abortion, no kidding, now, pennyroyal, planned parenthood, political activism, politics, pp, pregnancy, pregnancy tests, pro-adoption, pro-choice, pro-choice activism, prochoice, religion, reproduction, reproductive rights, republicans, right to choice, right to choose, roe v. wade, roe vs wade, roe vs. wade, ru-486, sterilization, unplanned pregnancy, voters for choice, women, women's health, women's lib, women's liberation|
|Members:||37: absentelements4, animehime, atalantapendrag, bellatonks, brimac13, bzero, |
|Watched by:||28: absentelements4, animehime, atalantapendrag, bellatonks, brimac13, bzero, chickgonebad, distantuniverse, dkmnow, dmluvslave85, emilie_burns, glitterbats, jlsigman, kaesa, linachu, liz_marcs, lovely_evil_one, mercurychaos, midnight_air, mirisa_ardruna, moriath, raisedbymoogles, rubyfruit_pixie, spacelogic, stellar_dust, sylumgator, tigresslilly, wolfstar|
|Account type:||Free Patient|