If you don't read these and break a rule it isn't an excuse. For more information on the game go to Lalauriehouse.net
We will assume you have read these rules and are aware of them. If you break a rule and have not read them. It isn't an excuse to have broken it- So please READ:
BASIC RULES FOR ALL LALAURIEHOUSE GAMES Keep these in mind not only here with us, but wherever your RP adventures may take you.
1. No OOC talk that is too personal. No name sharing etc. This includes all sorts of OOC information on a player. We do discourage OOC personal conversations as this creates OOC Drama. If OOC Drama becomes an issue both players will be removed. We call this Bathouse Role Play.
Bathhouse Play is as follows: For every character you have you must have a separate journal and a screen name. Try to make them match as best as you can (ie. 'taintedbyvirtue' and 'taintedvirtue'). This is a must to prevent other players knowing if you have several characters, and to keep you safe. This is a game with a player behind every character, not a game about the player.
2. No harassing players - No threats. No bull. It is basic and if it happens it ruins the game for everyone. If you are being threatened, please contact the mod ASAP so this can be dealt with swiftly, and with firey justice.
3. No godmodding. This is an easy one. You get one (1) warning on godmodding, and then you're out, because godmodding sucks. If you see evidence of other players godmodding, or are concerned that your behavior might be considered godmodding, please contact the mod ASAP, so that the mod can smite the wicked.
4. No Munchkin play. Munchkins are bad. A Munchkin is a player who plays in an aggressively competitive manner. NO power playing, NO godmodding, NO OOC Manipulation, etc. This is trickier, but it's fairly simple. You are in control of your characters, and your characters only. You cannot dictate what anyone else's characters do. You can't say that someone said or did something they did not do, or make assumptions on the othercharacter's behalf. If you see evidence of other players acting like Munchkins, or are concerned that your behavior might be considered Munchkinny, please contact the mod ASAP for more firey justice.
5. Make Friends-Don't be shy. If someone is online, don't be afraid to IM them. By the same token, don't be weirded out if someone IMs you out of the blue from the game: we try to be the friendly sorts here. New players are especially encouraged to IM current players. Current players, consider it your duty to introduce yourself to the new kids in town. Who knows? You could fall in love! You can start this by posting in the Greenroom. Put up your Bio, say hello!
6. Logs In Character are still OOC info- Only the characters involved in the scene are privvy to the information contained therein. The only exception is the mod. Logs of IC interaction should be posted. Even if it's late, we like to read each others' logs to keep up on the goings-ons (and we do archive everything just in case of server catastrophes).
7. Keep it Clean so to speak. Last but not least. Please understand that we are an eclectic group with a lot of cool little back stories. However, even though we are a rock and roll game, it is run by someone who was in the business. We will not tolerate any drug use as a character in this game. We understand that the industry gives the impression of being a place where there are a lot of drugs, but drugs, drug references, and drug paraphrenalia are NOT PERMITTED. No exceptions. Please understand any drug references in logs, entries etc will lead to your removal of this community. Mentions in character, out of character, in logs or in posts of illicit drugs, and or abuse of prescription medications will lead to your character being removed from this game. PERIOD. Sex and rock and roll? Bring it on. Just leave the drugs out of it. A note from the mod: I personally would not like to relive the process of watching my real rocker friends dying.
+ + + + +
GAME SPECIFIC RULES The ins and outs and special requirements for PRCAFE. If you have any questions, don't hesitate to contact the mod.
1. No Real Celebrities. This is a PB or played-by game, not an AU (alternate universe) or Celebrity game. All characters must be original, though the faces are open. You are more than welcome to create a character that behaves like Brian Molko, even to use his face. But you are not playing Brian Molko.
2. Bands and Characters. Please bring in a band member without other band members. You can work together once you know each other. We would rather you do not come into the game with pre-created story lines. We're looking to avoid clicks and elitist groups; because everyone remembers them from high school. And everyone hated them. Do not have unrealistic backgrounds, you can't be a mobster hiding in the rock world, you can't be a FBI agent trying to take out something. You are a musican. How you got here should make sense. This is a music based game. First time Role plays must be done visiable. The whole point of the game is to play.
3. Read and Respond. Places like the Rumormill and the Green Room are updated weekly, sometimes more. Most importantly, Scene Generations may happen at any time. It's your responsibility as a player to check those places, and incorporate that information into your scenes and personal posts. If you notice that other players aren't, please inform the mod. But remember - if you're not, you will be reprimanded.
+ + + + +
VITAL ADDITIONAL PRCAFE INFORMATION Tidbits and extras, to help you muddle through. Questions? Contact the mod.
The Rumormill is your best friend and your greatest bane as a participant here at PR Cafe. Anything your character does is potentially food for the Rumormill, in public, or in private, so be aware. The music industry is keenly aware of their public image, so this isn't anything new for your character. This is where you will find out what has been written about your character-- by you, or by The Mod.
In addition, the Rumormill is also where happenings of fate will occur. For example, this is where it'll be posted that your drummer managed to break his leg during a night out and won't be able to work in studio-- or where you'll find out someone leaked your unreleased album two months before it's supposed to drop.
PR Cafe has a unique opportunity to cross-socialize with other participants through a mechanic we call scene generation. On occasion a scene assignment will be posted that will pair two random characters; a scene must be posted between those two characters within seven days from the date the scene assignment is posted. This is MANDATORY. If you have questions, or there is an issue that will prevent you from completing the scene in the time frame, please consult The Mod. Putting your character on a short tour to avoid a scene assignment is not acceptable.
Here at PR Cafe we do not have a "hiatus" status. If you want to put a character "on the shelf" for a time, or you are unable to play, consult The Mod and, with approval, post where The Mod directs you that your character(s) will be on tour, and an approximate time frame. While your character is on tour, they are welcome to Twitter about it in PRCBlog.
The purpose of the tours is to avoid the disturbance of storylines. In other words, if a character you have an active storyline with goes on tour, you are able to continue playing without waiting on that character for interaction or development. No excuse is needed to explain their absence, as touring is an inevitable part of a musician's life.
+ + + + +
Contacting the Mod: On IJ: send a Private Message to prmod Email: email@example.com AIM: prmodgod
More Information About PRCafe and LaLaurieHouse Games: lalauriehouse.net
The mod would like to thank all of the co-creators, cheerleaders, Starbucks baristas, and players at LALAURIEHOUSE GAMES.
Please reply to this that you have read and understand the rules above.