We would like for you to read these, they aren't just your normal "every day" rules of conduct that everyone always writes, this also explains how our game works.
1. Character creation. The basis of this game is not only re-creating the character we know and love, but also creating new ones. There are some things we should keep in mind. Questions we should ask ourselves. Think about what drives your character, what makes them the person they are. Normalcy is a good thing, but so are the occasional eccentricities. Most of all have fun with it, the more detail you give your character during the creation stage, the more enjoyable it will be to develop his/her story further.
2. Posting requirements. Ideally we'd like to see SOMETHING once a week, a journal update, a finished RP, even an email to another character. Something to keep the plot moving. If you have been given a job or a task to complete in a certain period of time, please have it completed in the agreed upon time frame. If you are somehow unable to make a deadline, please let one of us know, and we will be more than happy to try and work with that. Life happens to all of us, and this RPG certainly isn't the center of your universe. But if you took the time to join, and took the time apply, then please do your best to take the time and be active. It works better for every player in the game if activity levels are kept up. If you need a hiatus, they are of course granted. Two week maximum, after the two weeks, if you don't come back, we have to remove your character. There will be no exceptions, there is nothing more frustrating than an inactive character. But we're not complete nazis. If, after the two weeks, you decide you have to leave, we'll accept you back with open arms provided your space has not been filled (if you have a canon character, OCs are your intellectual property and we won't give them to someone else).
3.Posting a log/message/email/etc. Please when posting a log or starting a thread use this format:
Who: Sam, Dean and a chupacabra Where: Missoula, Montana When: March 23, 2007 Rating: R, for foul language, violence and Bad Chupacabra jokes.
All text of the log or thread starter should be under a cut tag.
Any logs or threads that breach the R rating and move into NC-17 territory for either graphic violence/disgusting language or good old fashioned smut MUST be friends locked when posted. We are not against any of these things, but as such we don't want it floating around on the internet for minor children to stumble across. Your modlings are not wanting to get banned and/or sued this year!
Please no *actions* and make sure all of your logs and threads are in the third person. Be detailed in your threads, hone your writing skills and use your imagination. Describe your surroundings, your character emotions, etc. There is nothing quite so frustrating as delivering a good lengthy post and getting a line of dialog in response.
If you want to send a private email to another character you may do so from your OWN journal. In the subject line please specify "Private email to Dean Winchester" etc. Text messages are the same. Even a voice mail could be left in this fashion, just label it as such.
5. Posting a journal entry. Your journal entry will act as your "blog." You may write anything you like in this space. Pictures, goofy quizzes, silly stories, serious diary entries. As we do not feel it necessary to utilize the actual friends filter section, if your character posts a blog entry that they don't want anyone to see, or only want a few people to see, please state it as such in the subject line "Friends locked to Dean, Ellen and Bobby" or similarly "Locked private." This game is not going to be a journaling heavy game, after all I can't see any reason for Ava Wilson to be in the blogosphere seeing what Sam Winchester is up to until they've met in person. Likewise for Ellen and Dean, they don't know each other at all. And I also highly doubt that John is spending his nights obsessively refreshing his flist. This game is thread heavy, and more of a character study than a journaling based game. Of course, feel free to use your journal for whatever your character likes, just be smart when replying to other people's journal entries. However, if you are posting on some forum (ie say Dean frequents lolcats.com and wants to post a cat macro. Please specify that in the subject line.)
Emoticons and netspeak WILL be allowed in these forums and blogs (not logs and threads). SPARINGLY. Don't go overboard, but the characters will be using computers to communicate and it's only natural that an "lol" will come into play at least once. Use your judgment.
6. PB Choices. Please choose age appropriate PBs for your characters. If you play a canon character, please use the face from the show (provided it isn't impossible to find pictures of them). If it's something that will really truly bother you for one reason or another, it will be at mod discretion whether we allow the change. If you're playing an Original Character, please keep in mind that not everyone is a super model, not every evil woman is Angelina Jolie, and not every comic book geek is Adam Brody. If you need help with a PB the mods will be glad to assist!
7. Age Requirement. The age requirement for this game is 17. We will be dealing with adult themes and situations in this RPG.
8. Last but not least Most importantly, have fun, keep your OOC drama in check, and if you need anything at all, contact one of the mods, and we'll be glad to help you with anything you need.
See? Easy stuff. PLEASE if you have any questions do not hesitate to ask the mods.