|Oh Marvelous Mod (ohmarvelousmod) wrote in oh_marvelousooc,|
@ 2014-10-30 23:37:00
Adapted from This.
You're invited to a Halloween themed event at a New York High School gymnasium. Each invitiation is different, catered to appeal to its recipient and compel them to go. A charity event, an AA meeting, a HYDRA rally, a yoga session, a buffet dinner, a good old fashioned costume party. Whatever gets you through those gynasium's double doors.
When you arrive you realize that it's definitely not the kind of place you want to spend your Halloween. Everyone is there; friends, enemies, and strangers alike. You try to make a graceful exit only to find that the doors and windows have completely disappeared. What's even worse is nobody's powers seem to be working to help in an escape! Oh, well, guess you'll have to just mingle (is this hell? It must be hell). Lucky for you there's plenty of embarrassing kitschy Halloween decorations, watered down punch, synth 90's dance tunes, and bowls of various Halloween candies on tables lining the walls. Maybe the night won't be so bad after all... Lol, just kidding, that candy is going to mess you up.
1) Taffy - Miss the innocence and simplicity of childhood? Great because you're a kid again. Whether you've got an adult mind in a child's body or completely a kiddo is up to you.
2) Lollipop - You're telepathic! And you can't turn it off. Hope the thoughts of everybody in the room don't drive you mad.
3) Sour Patch Kids - You just can't seem to tell the truth no matter how hard you try. Every word out of your mouth is a lie.
4) Gummy Bears - You cannot tell a lie, even if the truth hurts. Let's hope no one asks you if their ass looks big.
5) Chocolate Bar - Toucha, toucha, touch me. You just want get touched, do some touching, basically bone everything in sight. That's cool, there's locker rooms and storage closets off this gym, so go to town.
6) Gum - The Good, the Bad, and the Neutral. You're switching sides! Good guys are bad guys, and bad guys are good guys, and neutral guys have to pick a side.
7) Candy Corn - You just can't seem to say the right thing tonight. Maybe you're suddenly speaking in tongues or gibberish, you can't stop singing, all your words are rhymes or couplets of iambic pentameter, you're suddenly fluent in Swahili. Whatever it is, your words are coming out wrong.
8) Peanut Butter Cups - Whoops, genderswap! Your clothes don't swap, though, so sexy nurses in miniskirts are suddenly hairy dudes in miniskirts. You're welcome.
9) Skittles - Just dance. Dance until you diiiiie. Or collapse or whatever, pretty much you can't stop dancing. Hope you like grooving to Ace of Base and Real McCoy.
10) Smarties - You just got bitten by the love bug and it's made you fall wildly in love with the next person (even if it's just you looking in a mirror).
11) Hot Tamales - It's getting hot in here, so take off all your clothes. Now you're streaking at a party, good job. Whether this is embarrassing to you or not, it's probably making somebody else uncomfortable.
12) Pixy Stix - Just like a sugary a polyjuice potion, this turns you into something (or someone) else. Become another person, an animal, a giant horrifying anthropomorphic carrot.
13) Caramels - So sweet, just like everyone else. They deserve your hugs and love and cuddles so spread the love to everybody.
14) Whoppers - You are what you wear. If you're in a costume, you transform into whatever you've got on.
15) Apple - Go home, Apple, you're drunk. These boring Halloween treats get you crazy hammered. Entertaining for some, terrible for others.
16) Jelly Belly - Every bean is a mystery, so choose any listed consequence or make up your own random one!
Rules: To try to try to keep it easy, we'll go with an "[action] dialogue" kind of format. RNG for random candy choices. Multi-threads, let's get anybody and everybody in threads together. To be involved in multiple threads with one character you can assume the effects of a piece of candy will wear off, or you can carry over the affliction into your new thread. Things don't all have to be fluffy, we can get some angst in here. Have more than one piece of candy if you want, have all the candy! Enjoy the consequences.