OTC (Off Topic Cafe)
Where off topic coversation reigns supreme.
|Name:||Off Topic Cafe|
|Theme:||A community for discussion of almost all types, serious and silly.|
|About:||Welcome to the off_topic_cafe, a discussion asylum that centers around absolutely nothing, except discussion. |
Not just questions, not just drama, not just one specific topic, just discussion of whatever the community wants. This discussion could be as intellectual as you want in one post, and could could be a flame fest the next. If any of you remember the old Fidonet BBS was--various threads on every topic imaginable. Each poster sets the tone for the post. If you wanna have a flame war--post that in the post, wanna discuss your thesis seriously, make that clear. Community members will honor that request. At the end of the day though, the point is to generate discussion here in this community. Please keep that in mind when you post.
Like a good community teashop online. Soothing, but capable of putting you in your place if you need it.
This community is open, but I do pay attention to the comings and goings. If I believe your sole purpose in joining is to create drama, I reserve the right to remove your membership.
* Don't delete posts and don't delete/screen/freeze/disable comments. This goes for both posters and commenters. You may not get the responses you want to your post. People will let you know if they disagree with something you say. If you can't handle that, think twice before you post about a possibly controversial topic.
* Don't make any negative posts about other members. No bashing/mocking/complaining or dog piling unnecessarily. We're here to be all communal in most posts; not start more drama. Harassment, blatant disrespect, and threats towards other members could lead to you being permanently banned.
* No trolling! There are many other venues online for those, ask us and we'll point you the way. Those who disrupt the community will be banned. Spam or porn posted here will be deleted and reported to Abuse.
* If you don't want your post featured in a snark community, then make it friends only. Friendly snarking within posts here is fine within the community. Snarking or reposting locked posts outside the community is not. (Even if the community you post in is down, I won't be.)
* Please put extremely long posts, or big pictures behind an LJ-Cut. Spare our friends pages and bandwidth.
* About Promotions of anything: Please do not post solely for the sake of posting a link to your journal or another site. What this means is please do not post a promotional link to this asylum unless it is honestly necessary to ask your question or conduct your discussion. If it is not, I will simple delete it with a comment to you to let you know that that's what happened. If people continue to abuse this, I will simply make it a bannable offense, so please really think your promotional links through first, folks.
* About Quizzes & Memes: Quizzes of the quizilla type and the lastest meme that's going around, don't belong here. They're great for your personal journal, but should not posted here. I will delete as they see them. You will be banned if your repeat offend with this.
FAQ: What do I do if a mod deletes my post or deletes and screens my comments?
A. Please drop the subject. If the mod does not elaborate on why or any questions about it, please contact a mod via the contact info below.
Please contact me at pen.or.kim (at) gmail (dot) com for any community related questions. Please do not post to the asylum or my personal IJ. Thank you!
|Interests:||130: 1950s, 1960's, 1970's, 1980's, 1990's, 2000s, activism, advice, alternative thinking, animals, anime, answers, asking, asking questions, beauty, books, buddhism, cartoons, chemistry, christianity, classical, college, comics, comment, commenting, communicating, communication, confusion, conversation, conversations, curiosity, curious, debate, discussing, discussion, dorks, emotions, engineering, english, enlightenment, expression, facts, fanfiction, fantasy, fiction, games, geeks, grammar, guidance, happiness, happy, happy people, help, helping, hinduism, history, information, inquire, intelligence, internet, jazz, knowledge, language, learn, learning, life, literacy, literature, lj fails, manga, math, medicine, music, nature, nerds, nonfiction, off topic, open-minded, open-minded people, paganism, people, philosophy, physics, politeness, politics, pop, posting, posts, problems, psychology, puzzles, queries, question, questioning, questions, r&b, random questions, random thoughts, randomness, reading, relationships, religion, riddles, rock, school, science, science-fiction, searching, seeking, self-expression, semantics, sexuality, sociology, solving, spirituality, surfing the web, thoughts, universities, useless facts, wanting to learn, weird questions, wicca, wondering, words, world, world around you, world religions, writing, ww1, ww2|
|Members:||49: 7rin, agent_alpo, atom_bunny, aussierosebud, beautyfulevil, belle_flower, britti, |
|Watched by:||40: 7rin, agent_alpo, atom_bunny, aussierosebud, beautyfulevil, belle_flower, britti, caersidi, chickgonebad, crazydoreen, ding, doingsoso, elistaire, erisreg, fionnulaharp, frostmaiden, glitterbats, jalendavi_lady, kaesa, kelly_holden, ladystarlight, lilian_cho, melfinatheblue, nostariel, nova_gurl, pancakes_, pen, pennydreadful, prettyparadox, qem_chibati, rainbow_goddess, ririka, rubyfruit_pixie, stellar_dust, techno_goddess, thestorysofar, tribal_tiger, unlikely2, vanquish, zzlither|
|Account type:||Free Patient|