|Name:||The "No Fandom Politics" Dressing Room RPG|
|Theme:||A Dressing Room RPG, Without Stupid Fanbratting|
|About:||We have no fancy logo, no funny photoshopped pics, and above all, we have...|
NO FANDOM POLITICS
Like any characters from any video games, movies, literature, anime, etc? Like Roleplaying them? But do you absolutely HATE...
1) The player cliques?
2) Being banned over having squicks/squees that other people don't?
3) Entire dressing rooms acting like 13-year old stereotypical schoolgirls with no emotional or intellectual maturity?
4) The gossipping behind other people's backs on AIM (or in certain Livejournal communities) that most of these places are full of?
5) Players so emotionally attached to their characters (or pairings) that they cannot deal with criticism or discussion of or even disagreement with them?
In other words, do you want to care about CHARACTERS, and not get hung up on people that play them, whether or not you like the players, whether or not they like the same video game console as you, whether or not they like the stuff you do, etc?
If you DO want to roleplay, and DON'T want flame wars, then NFPDR is the DRRPG for you.
We love serious RP. We love comedy RP. We love het, slash/yaoi and femmeslash/yuri. Fade-to-black and burn-your-face-off. Give us a long, heartfelt RP of personal trauma and then proceed to mock it in the Jerry Springer Room. All we ask is that 1) you don't get hurt feelings if other people disagree with you and 2) you care about characters, not players.
1) Character journals only. No 'real person' journals. This is a dressing room for characters, after all.
2) Established characters from published works only. Reasonable AU's are permitted. No OC's. No genderswaps either (unless there is a genderswap event in the DRRPG itself).
3) Got a problem with character X? PM the character. Work problems out with the player. Don't go posting 'secrets' at certain Livejournal communities. Don't make hate sites filled with ridicule and mocking. Work things out with the player you have a problem with. If you cannot work things out with that player, simply stop RPing with them.
4) Stay in character to the best of your ability (although making OOC comments is ok if you make it clear its OOC). If you have any doubts about your IC-ness, ask for advice.
5) If anyone asks for advice, be polite and helpful, do NOT be mean and offensive.
6) If someone wants to do X with your character (rape, for instance), and you don't want it to happen, don't get offended. Simply say you'd rather not (and be direct about it!). Simple!
7) Sex is great. Romantic, exhalted sex is awesome. Terribly written sex between people that should never be having sex is even better! Just please make sure any objectionable content is marked as such.
8) If someone ships A/B and you ship B/C, don't get offended. A/B doesn't threaten B/C.
9) Multiples of the same character are permitted.
10) The "Human Lego Theorem": Unless explicitly stated otherwise in the canon, all characters are potentially bisexual. Of course they can be like 99% one way or the other, but "he's too manly to be gay!" will not be accepted!
AMMENDMENTS, a.k.a. "The Bill of Wrongs"
1) No Harry Potter characters.
2) There will always be a Jerry Springer Room.
3) Please tag your threads!
4) AU's are permitted. Our original 'ban' on AU's was at best nominal, and since all players interpret the same character in different ways there is no reliable way to guage an AU versus an alternate character interpretation. Additionally, often authors do things to canon that we would rather not have happenned. Thus, players are basically allowed to be 'cafeteria' with canon.
5)If you want to start a three-way in the middle of a thread, please ask, and be mindful of both players. If you only intend to do a one-on-one, please resond to the first post of the character you wish to play with. By all means, cross threads and talk to players who aren't the OP, just be considerate when you do.
The Jerry Springer Room: Our Long-Running Metagaming/Joke/Parody/Satire/Deconstruction/Whatever thread!
In the Jerry Springer Room, players appear (as anonymous wireframes) alongside their characters. They can discuss their relationships with their characters, their characters can discuss their relationships with eachother and their players, and fight with other player's characters as well. Inside the Jerry Room, players can metagame with their characters but characters do not remember any information they gained inside the Jerry Springer room (except the identities of characters). However, they remember everything they learned in previous times in the Jerry Room on their subsequent visits!
|Interests:||39: anyone/anyone, anything that isn't 'snarry', avoiding fandom wank, banning harry potter, cartoon violence, comedy, crack pairings, crossover otp's, cthulhu, cthulhu porn, cynicism, destroying cherished childhood memories, fandom, femmeslash, hating fandom, healing sex, het, jerry springer, jerry springer rooms, non-japanese fandoms, offensive humor, parody, politically incorrect humor, polyamory, role-playing, sarcasm, satire, slash, slaughtering sacred cows, snake's ass, snark, tentacle rape, terrible euphemisms for genitals, tragedies-as-comedy, twisted humor, very wrong slash, video games, yaoi, yuri|
|Watched by:||1: incogneato|
|Account type:||Free Patient|