|Beck (celtic_cherokee) wrote in nerd_icons,|
@ 2013-08-22 14:39:00
|Entry tags:||!!admin, !weekly challenge|
Weekly Challenge Information
The Weekly Challenge is loosely based on my community on LiveJournal which has since fallen inactive (still_epics). Challenges will consist of weekly themes and sometimes focus on specific fandoms, but will mostly be open to interpretation.
MONDAYS (after 12:01am)
new challenges will be posted.
MONDAYS (after 12:01am)
voting begins on challenges (those that were posted the previous Monday).
TUESDAYS (after 11:59pm)
WEDNESDAYS (after 12:01am)
winners are announced.
THURSDAYS (after 12:01am)
mid-week reminder is issued.
by this day, awards should be posted, or soon afterwards.
• Reply to each challenge in a comment with your submissions (see below for coding/instructions). Do not make an entry to the community for your weekly icontest entries. The contest is anonymous (except to admins) until voting ends and winners are announced.
• Do not submit icons that you have previously created for some other purpose.
• Don't share your icons until voting has ended.
• You may submit up to four (4) icons per challenge (4 for the regular, 4 for the theme, should there be one).
• If you are entering both the theme and regular challenges, please make note of which entries are for which, even if it is obvious. You can enter them in different comments, or all together (up to 8) but with 'regular' and 'theme' typed above each group.
• Do not vote for your own icons.
• Please display your entries with some combination of the images and the text URLs of the icons.
• Weekly Challenge comments will always be screened.
• You can do whatever you'd like with your images after you've posted them here and voting has ended. They're yours. :D
• If your icon wins first place, it will be added to our "Weekly Challenge Winners" gallery, and that challenge will be linked to. Your icon will be uploaded to a Photobucket for the community and will not take bandwidth from you.
• When creating icons, please only use a cropped section of 100x100 once. In other words, please be diverse with your four icons entered. Unless the challenge is based on using only one image (even so, you can use different crops of it) there's really no need to use the same piece more than once. If you'd like to do something similar to that, considering entering our 10 Variations challenge. Here's an example of (although varied) a set of icons that would be rejected due to each being so similar:
• An example of a weekly challenge can be found here: Weekly Challenge.
How To Submit Icons