|Beck (celtic_cherokee) wrote in nerd_icons,|
@ 2013-08-22 13:13:00
|Entry tags:||!!admin, !10 variations|
"10 Variations" was a community on LiveJournal which has since fallen inactive. A short description of this type of challenge: "The icontest to create a set of ten different icons from the same (1) image."
• Your icons for this challenge should be new.
• Your entry should be posted to this community and it should be complete at the time you post it.
• You can do whatever you'd like with your images before or after you've posted them here. They're yours. :D
• Your icon of choice will be added to our "10 Variations" gallery, and your batch will be linked to. Your self-chosen top icon will be uploaded to a Photobucket for the community and will not take bandwidth from you.
• An example of an entry can be found here: 10 Variations Sample.
• You should post your original image (or a thumbnail & link) above your 10 variations in your entry.
• Please label your entry's subject "10 Variations", and tag it similarly.
Rule Set #1 (Both sets borrowed from 10variations @ LJ.)
01. In the first icon you have to use the original image unresized.
02. In the second icon you have to rotate the original image.
03. In the third icon you have to desaturate the original image (unless it's already b/w).
04. In the fourth icon you have to mirror the original image either horizontally or vertically.
05. In the fifth icon you have to use the original image at least twice noticeably.
06. In the sixth icon you have to alter the color of the original image (b/w images have to be colored in, color images may be desaturated).
07. In the seventh icon you have to be able to see the whole original image.
08. In the eighth icon you have to use at least one texture or stock image.
09. In the ninth icon you have to use only the original image (use no text, brushes, gradients or other images). Adjustment layers and layer effects are allowed.
10. In the tenth icon you have to make the two sides of the icon differ in length (ie no square). The ICON people, NOT the picture in the icon!
Rule Set #2
10 Variations Coding: Rule Set #1
10 Variations Coding: Rule Set #2