|Age of Miracles: Moderators (miraculous_mods) wrote in miracles_ooc,|
@ 2008-05-23 16:52:00
Mod Post: End-Of-Year Events
WOW. It's that time of year already? This just flew by! I thought I had a lot more time to plan this than I did! As a result, the schedule for end-of-year events at Xavier's is a little different than it was last year, which ... is fine. :D So! Here are the important dates you need to know for end-of-school events and activities for 2008.
• Sunday, May 25, 4 PM - 12 AM : Memorial Day Picnic. Like Hank said, activities will include: capture the flag, horseback riding, boating, swimming, pie-the-professor, mud pit tug-of-war, and a watermelon-eating contest. There will probably be a rousing game or two of frisbee and other sports. This is a big end-of-year party that's all for being informal and getting dirty and messy.
• Thursday, May 29 : Last Day of Classes. Final day of formal classes before finals week starts!
• Friday, May 30, 8 PM - 12 AM : Fairy Tale Prom. Kim Lincoln has a glittery, girly fairy tale prom going on; no doubt some people are going to rebel against that. XD The event is for students, with adult chaperons. This is the formal dress-up party held in the school gym for students ages 15 and up. There will be a movie night in the rec room for the little ones to keep them entertained while prom is going on.
• Sunday, June 1, 10 PM - 1 AM : Midnight Breakfast. Students come down to the dining hall on the night before finals for pancakes and other breakfast goodies. Teachers serve as wait staff. :D
• Monday, June 2, to Thursday, June 5 : Finals Week. Tests and papers and all kinds of un-fun stuff for the students.
• Saturday, June 14, 2 PM : Graduation. The ceremony is in the backyard, and is very short and very sweet because there aren't that many students at the school! Following the ceremony there is another outdoor party, but it's a lot more well-behaved than the Memorial Day Picnic. Families of graduates are more than welcome, friends of the school are invited.
What Mel and I need to know from you is what characters are going to be in the CLASS OF 2008, who are graduating this year. I don't think we have nearly as many as we did last year. If your character is a senior and is graduating, please comment here and let me know. In looking at the list, I ... I don't think ANYONE is graduating this year except for Paige Guthrie. Maybe? We have random NPC students who will be graduating, but let me know if I'm mistaken about Paige or about any other PC graduates.
Will all of these events be threaded, you may ask? They might be! The picnic will be, at least. Consider it a good opportunity for character interaction and new settings with new obstacles and points of interest. Set a log during the midnight breakfast even if a big thread isn't put up; have an important conversation while at the Memorial Day Picnic... etc etc. :D