|Age of Miracles: Moderators (miraculous_mods) wrote in miracles_ooc,|
@ 2008-05-12 14:51:00
|Entry tags:||sunday special|
Sunday Special #38: More Flaws
This week's (slightly late) Sunday Special is a followup to our Sunday Special regarding our characters' tragic flaws. You know, the big, earth-shattering, deadly flaw that would destroy 'em just the way we like it. The other day, Jessi brought this amazing entry to my attention. If you haven't read it, I HIGHLY recommend reading it; it's incredibly interesting.
With that in mind, your Sunday Special is to do the following: share with us 3 or more flaws that are NOT "endearing" -- you know, endearing being the flaws that you think are cute and sweet or are easily justifiable... because on the whole, we know about those. List three flaws that you wouldn't necessarily want to admit to, that would make them at fault in a conflict, perhaps even unsympathetic. We all have flaws like that, and so often we ignore them in our characters because we always want them to be right.
This has been circulated as a meme in the past and I thought I'd circulate it as this week's SS. I worked on mine while I was bored during downtime at the theatre and found that not only was it a lot harder than I thought it was going to be (some of them aren't as good as others and I'm STILL thinking on it, trying to realize better stuff), but that I found plot bunnies and character ideas that I'd never had before. I highly recommend doing this one!
• is controlling and manipulative in relationships.
• irrationally dislikes French Canadians (and most French-speaking people) and children.
• is an obsessive-compulsive, nit-picking perfectionist and can't put up with behavior to the contrary.
• will be petty and spiteful in an argument and is often rude in his sign language with people who don't sign, just because he's not being understood.
• resents people who don't bother to learn to sign, but refuses to conform to a hearing world.
• is easily frustrated and can have a tantrum-like temper; he will throw things at you.
St. John Allerdyce
• deliberately antagonizes people to boost up his own ego.
• will abandon a friend to save his own life.
• would cheat on his wife for the physical contact and then lie about it despite Rogue being able to get inside his his head.
• tries not to give a shit and is therefore deliberately insensitive.
• has a hard time seeing attractive women as more than sex objects.
• is hardest on / rudest to the ones he cares about the most.
• has a superiority complex because he's incredibly learned; yes, he thinks he's better than you, but that's just because he is. Nothing personal.
• will use his pheromone powers to manipulate people in a pinch but will always claim he never does it.
• will take someone else's food from the fridge and pretend he didn't.
• is privately homophobic.
• loves everyone and therefore has a hard time being in love with a single person; if given the opportunity he would consistently cheat on his lovers.
• will take the self-righteous moral high ground in an argument.
• is grossed out by the old, deformed, and handicapped---and she's disgusted that with the loss of her hand she's become one of them.
• is inherently self-centered with no sense of compassion.
• probably isn't listening when you're talking to her.
• will "forget" her wallet so someone else has to pay for her.
Mary Jane Watson-Parker
• will lie or play up her victim status to get what she wants.
• has some anti-mutant sentiments.
• is convinced she needs a man to be worth something; hates it when people don't pay attention to her.