Santa is going to try not to over-write here, but Santa usually fails. First note: We will continue to add new prompts to this list through November 1. Use the LJ prompt post
to add new prompts. We're going to close the other two for our sanity. So, if you're looking to create for the fest and don't see something you like, poke your friends to add more prompts! That said....
Claiming of prompts is open! Here's the rules:Claiming:1 claim per prompt in the Story and Art sections
unless all prompts are taken.Multiple claims allowed on most DDO (Drabble/Drawable/Other) prompts
- Why? Most can be claimed as both drawable or drabble, but also because most can generate very different responses. A very few are more specific and Santa will strike those out as closed as they are claimed. 1 claim at a time per creator, though
- You only get to sign up for one prompt at a time. If you turn your work in early, you can make another single claim, and can repeat this until the deadlines.Deadlines:
• Stories & Art - December 1
• Drabbles/Drawables/Other - November 20
• Beta deadline: November 20 - yes, Santa and the Elves will beta for you if you get your work in early enough.
Santa doesn't want to discourage latecomers if work is completed during the fest posting, however, Santa will not guarantee that any December 2 and later submission will be posted for the fest
. If Santa or an elf finds time to upload the work, great. But if you turn in something really complicated to upload after December 1, ow. Naughty list! ~_^ Category Standards:
• Stories should be at least 1500 words.
• Drabbles should be under 500 words.
• Art should be "finished" according to the artist's style.
• Drawables shouldn't take more than 30 minutes.
• Multimedia should be presented as ready for use or formal viewing.A Note to Creators about prompts:
Because this is not an exchange, creators should feel free to interpret/adapt prompts in whatever manner you decide. Unless they are critical to the spirit of the prompt, requests for specific characters (other than Snape and Lupin), specific kinks, situations, time periods, type of ending, etc., are up to the discretion of the creators. Prompters were told this in the prompt post, so they have been forewarned. If a prompt inspires a creation wholly away from the original prompt, let Santa know and we won't tie your creation to a prompt.
Anonymous claims can be made as long as you include a username of some sort and an email address. We won't accept anonymous claims without a way to identify you. ( Submission info follows the PROMPT LIST )
Santa and the Elves will upload all works to the Snupin Santa Holiday Fest Archive
Posting will begin on December 1 and continue daily until we run out of submissions.
Posting notices will be made on the LJ/IJ/DW Lupin_Snape communities, directing people to the archive.
Reveals happen as we post, including matching prompter name, if any, to the work.
Santa reserves the right to correct any major spelling, grammar, and punctuation errors in written work without consulting the creator. If you don't use the Elves for betas, we strongly suggest you have your work beta'ed by someone(s)
.( Submission Information )
And that's it! Claiming is open at the LJ post here!
(Comments are disabled on IJ and DW.) You may leave anon comments on LJ if you do not have an account there, but please leave your IJ or DW username and a regularly-checked email address.
Check back to this list if you're not immediately inspired - there might be more prompts! Also, spread the word to your friends that we're up and running, please.
If I forgot anything or you have further questions, please don't hesitate to ask - others might be wondering the same thing.
Here's to a very happy Snape/Lupin Holiday!
Ho Ho Ho