|Name:||Open your mind behind closed doors.|
|About:||This community is a copy/mirror of my LiveJournal community, locked_trigun. |
This community is inspired by locked_office and by the need for the Trigun fandom to have a safe place for private discourse where no one is made to feel like a lesser fan because of what they do or do not ship, where manga canon is respected as such, and where we can be safe to discuss the manga, the anime, or fandom without it becoming a fight. Read the following, then apply at the public post and become one of us.
Moderation, as such, is avowedly hands-off unless one of the below rules is broken:
01. Your preferred ships should not involve Mary Sues or Meryl het with Knives or Vash. We're not going to ban you for liking either, and of course if they're not your OTP that you defend to the flaming death, we'll likely have no issues with it at all. This is just a warning that the purpose of this community is to provide a safe place for those who prefer male/male pairings or who prefer Vash paired with someone other than Meryl or a Sue, so if your OTP is VxM, KxM, or a Sue with Vash or Knives, you'll likely find stuff that makes you mad/uncomfortable here.
To clarify: this is NOT saying you cannot join/will be disrespected if you ship VxM or KxM as one of your ships, and this community is NOT a Meryl-bashing community. This IS saying that people here reserve the right to be critical of either ship, up to and including saying it doesn't work or a particular way of writing it is bad.
02. No trolling. Joining this community to leak entries without permission, start trouble, harass the members, spew hateful or homophobic tripe, insult the fandom or any character, or anything else your little pea brain can cook up will lead to you being immediately b&, and in the case of leaking material or threatening anyone, reported to LJ Abuse.
03. Please don't advertise/spam this community anywhere. You may link it in a signature or refer to it on your journal, but we don't want a lot of people who are unknowns to anyone here joining up.
04: We ask that you not bash any canon character or ship. You don't have to support it, you can criticize characterization for writing it, but bashing is not wanted. Also, do NOT be disrespectful to m/m or alternative het shippers. Breaking the first part of this is just not nice. Breaking the second will mean a date with my banhammer. Banhammer X troll OTP!
05. Please put fics and any large or graphic image post behind a cut.
06. NO FLAMING. Swearing, snark, taking nothing seriously, it's all fine. Swearing or snarking or laughing at someone else on here or using this community as a base to stage an attack on another community or person? Nuh-uh. This banhammer also doubles as a fire extinguisher.
07. Cross-posting fics originally posted here is fine as long as you are the original writer of said fic. Posting fics here looking for a beta is also quite welcome.
08. This community has no tolerance for racist (and yes, this includes anti-Japanese and anti-otaku sentiments), homophobic/transphobic, sexist, or other discriminatory remarks by the membership. If your characters are homophobes, racists, sexists, whatever and it's IC for them, fine. It is NOT fine for you to direct said remarks at another member or another member's creations.
09. Finally, no snark is allowed of fics posted to this community only. Concrit yes, but save your snark for the outside. (snarking fics found on ff.net, aff.net, mediaminer, Nifty, or any other open archive is very welcome, as is ranting about fandom trends such as a specific form of OOC or a cliche)
(directly ganked from locked_office with a few modifications)
10. Be a part of this. Bring your opinions to us, your questions, your art, your intelligent discussion. Have loads of fun, and meet a bunch of crazy cool people. Fangirl and flail and snark with us. We would love to have you, if you think these rules make sense lol. Actually, these are way meaner/more strict than we actually are. I'm just in a weird mood haha. Don't be scared. Apply, and give it a shot.
|Watched by:||1: intravenusann|
|Account type:||Free Patient|
|Date created:||2007-06-06 01:43:15|
|Comments:||Posted: 0 - Received: 0|
|Posting Access:||1: intravenusann|