|Hans Ernst Varner (heil_hans) wrote in la_vie_ooc,|
@ 2008-03-09 03:14:00
1. Be excellent to each other. No in-fighting. If you have a problem you can't settle with another player, please take it to a mod and we will mediate.
2. Please keep IC/OOC separate at all times. Nazis, werewolves, and vampires (oh my!) don't reflect the beliefs or attitudes of their players.
3. You must be 18 years of age or older, demonstrating a basic level of maturity, to play this game. Sorry kids!
4. Plots should be cleared with the mod if they are massively game-affecting in nature (example: Vito trying to blow up Nazi headquarters). You are free to do various subplots that aren't overwhelmingly game-affecting for your characters (example: Marie-Pierre making an intelligence report to his contact) without prior clearance. When a plot affects another character (even in a small way), it is best to clear it with that character's player (example: Eric stealing a loaf of bread from the bakery should be cleared with Marie the baker).
5. Try to post once a week or so. This way we know you're still alive and interested. We understand that real life happens - just try to drop us a note in the OOC and let us know when you'll be gone for extended periods, particularly if you're involved in a plot at the time.
6. Time will be kept according to a somewhat irregular schedule. Our starting year is 1941. The month will usually be the month that we are in. The mods will let you know if time differs drastically for some reason.
7. Please be reasonable with the supernatural. At the beginning of the game, the supernatural element is mostly unknown and very low-key. This will change as the game advances.
8. We don't expect you to be a history major (though we love history majors, certainly!), but please try your best to keep the flavor of the period. Check the resources if you are in doubt about something, or ask one of the mods to help you if you're not sure.
9. Posts in the community should be third person, past tense. Play can also take place via AIM - and you may post cleaned-up chat logs as posts. All posts should have the following header:
Summary: (optional - if you want to describe a bit of what is going on in the post)
Warning: (optional - if there is graphic violence or sex, just let folks know)
Complete/Incomplete: (incomplete means the thread is still happening. Change to complete when it is done).
10. Posts in your character's journal are optional, but encouraged. Post journal entries, letters, communications between characters, stories about your character, artwork, anything and everything! A journal prompt may be given on occasion to encourage a bit of character development.
11. Above all, have fun with the game, post and participate! This is your game as much as ours - and we want everyone to enjoy and develop a great story together. If you have any questions or concerns, you can always reach us via AIM or email. Rules are subject to change if circumstances arise that require updating/adding/deleting of rules.
12. You are free to play as many characters as you like, but please do not take on more characters than you can handle. All characters must be your own original creations - no 'fandom' or actual historical personages, please.