Love knows no bounds
|About:||Welcome to knows_no_bounds. The name is based in the concept of polamory, that love is not a limited commodity that can be limited to just one person. But, it's not a place for all poly fics.|
Have you ever written a mixed-gender threesome, or a same-sex or mixed-gender twosome with a reference to one or the other being involved with someone else, and looked for an appropriate place where to post it, and come up empty-handed, where places only allow for couple A/B, or het or slash with only the barest mentions of the other if you absolutely must include it? Have you ever received comments along the lines of "I like X/X or X/Y, but even your vague mentions of them being involved with A ruins the story for me"? Have you ever been told "Character X and Y is good, but Character X would never go for someone of the same/opposite gender"?
Het fans and slash fans alike can be very defensive of their boundary lines, to the point where even a simple, polite query regarding the potential of bisexuality and pansexuality can be met with hostility. Polyamory muddies up the waters more, and then there's the always the possibility of trandgendered characters. And sometimes, unfortunately, posting fics like these can bring all the wank to the yard of the not-good variety.
This is a place for mixed-gendered threesome or moresomes, polyamorous mixed-gender relationships, and fics with transsexual characters in relationships. A fic doesn't have to have three or more active characters, as fics that focus on two parties of a larger poly relationship are also welcome, as those would inevitably bring in a mention of one or both of them sexually involved with a character in a pairing that might either be het or slash, depending on the genders involved. Here, there won't be any concerns about writing a m/m couple getting involved with a female character inclusively in a polyamorous relationship, or a m/f couple getting involved with a female or male character. Here, people can write a character as transsexual involved in either a monogamous or polyamorous relationship, and be welcome.
A final note: characters do not have to be necessarily involved in a polyamorous relationship if they're involved with others. A fic with a bisexual character who's attracted to different people but not involved with either or both, or a character who's just personally greedy is quite welcome too. :D
1) Adhere to the InsaneJournal Terms of Service. That includes locking all NC-17 fics. Fake cuts are allowed. If the story is linked to another place where it's also flocked, there must be a notice about this in the header.
2) You must be 18+ to join, and have your DOB visible in your userinfo at least as long as it takes to get admitted. You can take it down again once your request has been approved. But make sure it's visible until then. (Be sure too that you don't have your birthdate set to display to friends only.)
3) Constructive Critique for writing style and structure and plot is allowed. Taking exception to a story for having hetero- or homosexual elements is not welcome. Taking exception to a story for writing a character as transsexual is not welcome. Polite queries and discussion about why things are the way they are may or may not be welcome -- this is left up to the individual author.
· Not all criticism is a flame. If you give concrit, remember that the 'con' part is from constructive. Find something the author or artist is doing right, and let them know. A little bit of praise on what's good can help a great deal in making the critique on what needs fixing easier to swallow. And remember, if you get concrit, and the giver does have positive things to say about your work, it's not an attack. It means that the reviewer enjoyed it enough to want to help you get better at what you do.
4) No flaming or OTP-wanking. Or wanking in general. You don't want to end up on Fandom_Wank, and you probably will here if you start keeping Jergens in business in the bad, bad way.
5) The kinds of fics allowed are transsexual ftm/m, ftm/f, mtf/f, mtf/m, m/m with mentions of m/f/m, f/f with mentions of f/m/f, m/f with mentions of f/m/f or m/f/m, or m/f/m, or f/m/f.
6) Smut is allowed. It doesn't have to be smut though.
7) All fanfic and fanart must be behind a cut.
--- for more information about polyamory, check out the links in the userinfo of polyamory.
1) Fanfiction or original fiction
2) Fanart of 3+ mixed gender characters, preferably in a romantic scenario
3) transsexual ftm/m, ftm/f+, mtf/f+, mtf/m+
4) m/m with mentions of m/f/m+
5) f/f with mentions of f/m/f+
6) m/f with mentions of f/m/f+ or m/f/m+
9) Non-poly multi-pairing fics allowed
- All fanfiction must be behind a cut.
- Post with the following header (coded for easy copy/paste):
<b>Author's Notes:</b> (optional)
- Fake-cutting or linking to fanfiction elsewhere is permitted.
- Reccing is okay. Posting complete fanfic you did not write without permission is not.
- All fanart must be behind a cut or link to another page.
- Post with the following header (coded for easy copy/paste):
- Do not post fanart you did not draw without permission. Linking to fanart found is permitted.
|Interests:||82: alternative lifestyles, angel sanctuary, art, babylon:5, battlestar galactica, bdsm, bi, bisexual, bisexuality, bleach, buffy, consensual non-monogamy, csi, death note, devil may cry, dr. who, drawing, equal rights, equality, ethical non-monogamy, ethical slut, f/f/m, f/m/f, fanart, fandom, fandoms, fanfic, fanfiction, female, fic, final fantasy, foursomes, free love, fullmetal alchemist, ghost hunt, group sex, group sexual encounters, harry potter, hedonism, het, highlander, infinite love, kingdom hearts, kink, legend of zelda, lord of the rings, m/f/m, m/m/f, male, marvel, moresomes, multi-partner relationships, non-monogamy, open marriage, open relationship, open relationships, original fic, original fiction, ot3, pansexual, pansexuality, poly, polyamorous relationships, polyamory, polyfidelity, porn, safe sane and consensual, slash, slayers, smut, star trek, star wars, stargate, threesomes, tolerance, transgender, transgendered, transsexual, triad, utena, vee, writing|
|Watched by:||8: akai_senshi, akuma_river, dfasgiles, diachrony, duskpeterson, rubyfruit_pixie, smallbrownfrog, terrible_tues|
|Account type:||Free Patient|