[Anyone passing by the candy shop today or glancing at their journal will see Himawari outside the candy shop's front door, holding a little tray of little baskets, all full of little candy-coated chocolates, and sparkling at anyone who may be passing by]
Free samples! Today only - try our new recipes and flavors!
[Over the past seven years, this day has usually been one for melancholy or thoughtfulness, considering it marks another year in Kiseki, but this year, Himawari is determined to face it with more cheerfulness and happiness than previous years. Dare she even think maybe with a kind of hopefulness? Regardless, her good mood doesn't seem faked for once.]
Free samples for everyone today to mark the candy shop's anniversary! [It's not the exact day for the shop, of course, but she's long since forgotten the day she got the job here - or the day she inherited the shop from Kakei and Saiga. So today works as well as any]
The candy shop has been around for almost seven years now, so I just wanted to do my part to thank everyone for your continued support and business over the years - to both old and new customers. Thank you very much! Shizuka-kun, Lancelot-san, and I are all incredibly thankful!
And if you like the candies, please consider returning and buying all our different lines of candy!
[Of course, anyone who actually does take the candy samples from her will find themselves, a short time later, undergoing some strange side-effects, ones that no one might necessarily expect, least of all Himawari. Suddenly, her good mood (and lack of good luck) seems to be spreading to others around - and everyone's suddenly just a little bit lovestruck.]
[The effects of the candy will last for as long as half of an hour, or shorter. Your character will eat the candy and then fall in "love" with whoever they happen to see first upon eating that candy. For more information about the original event, go here. The candies being offered will be listed in the cut below.]
[ooc: below is the list of candies & the type of love they'll make your character feel.
1. Pink: "Submissive Love" - the person eating this candy will become totally devoted to their "true love". They will do anything their lover asks, or what they think will please them. They will also become shy, blushy, humble, and willing to please.
2. Red: "Lustful Love" - they will become a complete sex fiend, and their "love" will look like the sexiest person on earth.
3. Light Blue: "Romantic Love" - a person upon eating this candy will wish to write beautiful poetry, sonnets, and ballads for their chosen love, and proclaim their pure love to the world. They will want to buy flowers, and take them to lovely restaurants. Purple prose is optional.
4. Dark Blue: "Emo Love" - the character is struck by a deep, heartbreaking love in which they're certain it is unrequited and can never be, for whatever reason. The angst veers towards melodramatic, standing out in the rain and crying single tears kind of woe. No evidence to the contrary will convince the character that the love is/can be returned.
5. Light Green: "IC Love" - the character will be struck with a feeling of intense, romantic love for the other person. They would think they are truly in love with the person, but they will still behave "sort of" IC. They would still act like themselves, only the way they would with a person they love.
6. Dark Green: "Family Love" - the character will be in love with the person they set eyes on... but like a brother or sister, mother or father, or like a child of their own.
7. Yellow: "Unexpected/Unwanted Love" - the character will experience a feeling of great attraction for the other character, but will still have a sort of "WTF!" reaction to the feeling. The typical "will senpai notice me?!" thing. They know those feelings aren't normal to them, and they fight them, but still get those feelings despite themselves. Another side-effect could be to become tsundere about their unexpected love.
8. Orange: "Weird Love" - the person will experience a deep, uncontrollable need to express their love... in very odd ways. A bouquet of fishsticks, a poem comparing their love's eyes to flaming piles of dead leaves, building a shrine to their love's cute toes, are all in the realm of possibilities.
9. Purple: "Obsessive Love" - the person eating this candy will feel stalkerish, Seishirou-esque "love". This candy is rare, though.
10. White: "Puppy Love" - the character gets a crush on their "love" and the beginnings of that infatuation, uncertain how to present it or address it and ending up flustered, blushing, and uncertain.
11. Caramel Brown: "Self-Centered Love" - the character falls in love with someone else, but their love is based off their own self-worth. After all, why wouldn't this character love yours, right? (Think: Everyone becomes Professor Lockhart)
12. Chocolate Brown: "No Homo Love" - the character is overcome with love for the other, but also needs to establish, repeatedly, that the love is purely platonic. Complete with chest-thumping, fist-bumping, and other such posturing. I mean... I love you man, but no homo. (This can apply to heterosexual pairings, as well.)
13. Black: "Anti-Love" - suddenly the person eating this candy has no love to give at all to whoever they first set their eyes on, regardless of the kind of love it may be (platonic, romantic, family, or otherwise). These candies are also rare, like the purple ones.
Please note that candies cannot be combined - eating one candy after another will negate the original candy.
While playing, if necessary, please be sure to list if there are any candies you DON'T want your character to get for themselves or deal with others who have gotten that candy.
And that's all. Have fun! You're welcome to choose the candies your character will eat, but if you'd rather lead it up to chance, there's also online dice to roll!]