|Tiggy (tiggy) wrote in kidsofatlantis,|
@ 2008-04-30 01:20:00
|Entry tags:||modpost, rules|
Welcome to the Kids of Atlantis Community! For a full list of rules just follow the cut below. As a fair warning, I will not accept "I didn't know the rules" as an excuse for breaking them. On the other hand, I think the rules are pretty straight forward and mostly common sense.
1) Children! This is a kidfic community. If there are children involved it's probably okay here.
Examples include: adoption, pregnancy (male or female), being turned into a child, focusing on a characters childhood, babysitting a child. I'm sure there are many more, feel free to ask me about it.
2) The story needs to revolve around the child(ren) somehow. It can be a story dealing directly with children, or about the parents/guardians trying to deal with new responsibilities. I'm not restricting ideas here, if you have an idea that I haven't covered, or been clear enough on, feel free to e-mail me, or drop a comment below here. The child must make an appearance though. The one exception is pregnancy fics, but not really, since the child is there by default.
3) I define "child" as anyone/where from conception to 18. If you continue the story after the character becomes an adult, go ahead and post it. We'd love to finish it. Just try to make the majority of the fic about the child. Not two chapters out of ten, thank you.
4) I will accept gen, het, and slash. Please use this template to appropriately label your story:
Pairing: (if any)
Warning: (if any)
5) I expect a certain standard of fanfiction. I am not trying to be a snob here what I am trying to accomplish is to create an archive of quality work. Please proof-read your story, and preferably have someone beta it. If it has not been beta read, say so. Maybe someone here can help.
I WILL NOT ACCEPT GRATUITOUS SEX INVOLVING MINORS! By this I mean that I will accept stories that deal with child abuse in a sensitive, non-promoting manner. It's a sad fact of life, one we can't just sweep under the rug. I will also accept stories that have teenagers (15 and up) in off-screen sexual situations. On screen sex must involve teens at least 16. Another fact of life: teens have sex. If it's non-con then label it as child abuse, and the same rules apply. Authors that break this rule will be automatically kicked.
1) Fanart/icons/manips, etc... must deal with children from SGA. Either OC's or cannon characters. OR have to deal directly with a story archived here.
2) Discussions: You can say whatever you want in comments, but if you start a new entry as a discussion, please keep it on track.
3) No fic bashing, author bashing, racism or other prejudicial comments will be tolerated. Use your common sense here people. This community is about having fun, posting stuff we like, and meeting new friends. Don't screw it up for yourself. If you have an issue with a member, take it up with them or myself in private! Consequences are subject to my discretion and will vary depending on the severity of the transgression.
Any questions/comments/concerns? My e-mail is firstname.lastname@example.org
This is a community, therefore I will always welcome any ideas or suggestions you have that would make it a more user-friendly and welcoming place to visit.