James Marsters FUN
The Place for James Marsters Fans to Have FUN Being Fans!
|Website:||James Marsters FUN at LiveJournal|
|About:||This is the place in Insane Journal for all James Marsters fans who like to participate in a community that is supportive of its members, their activities, and, of course, their love for the wonderfully talented James Marsters. We'll have pictures, event info, James Marsters site updates, fan art, fanfiction (links only to anything above PG-13), discussion, and more! This community is all about the fun!|
(NOTE: This is the Insane Journal version of the Yahoo Group James Marsters FUN, but everyone is welcome to join!)
A few eensy rules (I hope most of them are common sense rules--plus a couple of "keeping it fun for the fans" rules--but I gotta put 'em here, just in case):
1. Most important of all, follow the Insane Journal Terms of Service.
2. Play nice with the other kiddies. No name calling, no biting, no pushing, no hair pulling--you get the idea.
3. If you share somebody else's fan art, photography, icons, what-have-you, please give credit if you know the source. If you don't know the source, please put a disclaimer such as, "Unknown source. If anyone knows who made this, please let me know." This helps ward off angry threats of law suits. (If I catch hell from an artist or photographer about uncredited material of theirs in this community that was shared by you, I am not going to be a happy camper.)
4. This is not the place to trash talk James's significant others. If you want to do that, go elsewhere. We all dream of having James for ourselves--well, most of us do--but, face it, ladies. When the man falls, he falls hard, and there ain't a damn thing you can do but hope that everything will work out for him and that he won't end up getting hurt because we all want what's best for this tender-hearted fella.
5. Neither is this the place to discuss James's son or niece. If there is something he has discussed in public, such as his son's rescue of the line in the school play that another kid dropped, that's fine. But we are not here to discuss anything that someone might have heard a rumor about or supposedly overheard at an LA school PTA meeting. Nuh-uh. James is very private about his family life, and we are going to respect that here.
6. Self-appointed guardians are not welcome here, either. If you have come here to tell us we are not allowed to talk about certain aspects of James himself or his life that he has already spoken about in a public forum, in public interviews, or on his very public website, MAKE A QUICK ABOUT-FACE. NOW. As soon as I discover you, you will be banned from this community so fast your head will spin clean off your neck. Oh, and, um...GET A LIFE!
7. If you hear news about James and we maintainers and mods haven't posted it, yet, PLEASE POST IT! We can't always get here as often as we would like to. We will do our level best to get on here every night to keep you up to date on James's movements (and, no, I am not talking about his bathroom habits), but if you get some news, for God's sake, tell us about it, please! I'm subscribed to JM News, and I check his site the 15th of every month for his new Q&A, plus I also have as-soon-as-it-happens-news-and-web Google Alert set for him and an RSS feeds from both Whedonverse and Whedonesque in case something comes through there on him. Other than that, I just have to rely on JMConAps, you all, and the rest of the James fans in my other groups to keep me informed!
MATERIAL FROM JAMES MARSTERS LIVE:
The only material from James Marsters Live that we want in this community is the newsletters that the owner receives and posts periodically. James Marsters Live makes it very clear at the site that the material there--text, photographical, and video--is to remain on the site and is not to be shared elsewhere without express consent from the people who run the site. I know that is a crock, but it is posted right there in plain sight, so we have no choice but to acknowledge their request and abide by it or risk legal repercussions. Thank you for your strict respect of this rule.
DISCUSSING A CERTAIN RUMOR GOING AROUND ABOUT JAMES'S HABITS:
This community is not the place to discuss a certain rumor that's going around about James because we have yet to see a public announcement on his site or to hear of a public statement to the press AND we had a member of our accompanying Yahoo group James Marsters FUN bring it up, claiming that James had said it at a convention, which forced us to make it against the RULES, for God's sake, so dfasgiles decided (extremely reluctantly) to break down and write Steve about it and told him if he didn't respond, she would assume it was either a rumor or not to be public knowledge, and he didn't respond, where he had responded to EACH AND EVERY OTHER MESSAGE SHE HAD EVER SENT HIM. Never a clearer message, folks. Leave James's personal stuff alone unless HE invites you in. I think it is a damned shame that we should have to even add something like that to the rules, but unfortunately there was a member (she quit because of this rule) who didn't seem to understand that such things are sensitive topics and are not to be discussed lightly...so, there you go.
Background tile by dfasgbai
|Interests:||25: angel, angel the series, ats, brainiac, btvs, buffy the vampire slayer, chance, civilized man, cool money, ghost of the robot, gotr, house on haunted hill, james marsters, macbeth, p.s. i love you, professor fine, shadow puppets, shakespeare, smallville, spike, the big easy, william, william pratt, william the bloody, winding roads|
|Members:||3: dfasgiles, eyezrthewindows, slutorama|
|Watched by:||3: dfasgiles, eyezrthewindows, slutorama|
|Account type:||Free Patient|