|Theme:||A place to compete over who makes the best icons.|
|About:||This is a hub for icon contests. For most themes any sort of icon from stock to anime to celebrities are a-okay. However there may be some themes that contradict this. So no matter what you like, there should be a contest for you. Even if you don't make icons or don't feel like making icons, voters are also a vital part of this asylum. Think of all the pretty icons you'll see! All levels of skill are welcome too. :)|
1. Submit an icon you made. If there is definitive proof you took someone else's icon a ban is likely in your future. It could have been made long before or just for the contest. Submissions will be screened.
2. Only submit one icon per theme. IP addresses will be tracked to make sure this. If you wish to change your mind, resubmit with something along the lines of 'I want to submit this icon instead' and I will just use the new one. You cannot resubmit past the dead line.
3. You can only vote once so be careful you vote for the icon you want. If you vote more than once, I will only count the first vote. Votes are also screened.
4. Your icon must follow the IJ rules. I.e. nothing illegal, graphically violent, etc. For now 'Not Safe for Work' or NSFW icons are only allowed in special NSFW themed contests.
5. No flaming or drama. Take it to your personal journals. Disagreements are okay. Trolls are also banned.
6. 3 strikes, you're out.
7. Rules will be changed deemed as necessary. Changes will be notified via post.
8. As of now only I have posting access, but everyone should be able to comment. If anyone would like to run their own contest within the asylum or coordinate an with an icon contest elsewhere, e-mail me, we'll get things smoothed out.
Some days are themed. Feel free to suggest more. Until I find some mods across the planet, the days will be biased towards Eastern Standard Time (UTC-5). Sorry. Same applies to Icon Deadlines.
Monday: Off Topic
Submitting an icon
There are plent of picture storage services on the web, but I most recommend Photobucket. Free websites usually do not allow hotlinking so be wary when using one, I may not be able to access your icon. (If I cannot access your icon, I will try to contact you.) I will save all submitted icons and store them on a specially made contest photobucket so that users remain annoymous.
For now e-pride and promotion of your journal/icon journal within the asylum. I suppose if you want I could make you a little banner or icon proclaiming your victory.
E-mail me for questions, complaints, etc.
|Interests:||25: anime, celebrities, comic, comics, competition, contest, contests, fandom, icon, icon contest, icon contests, icon making, iconing, iconning, icons, icons contest, icons contests, manga, non fandom, non-fandom, nonfandom, stock, vote, voters, voting|
|Watched by:||2: facelikepanic, tabakat|
|Account type:||Free Patient|