It's the most wonderful time of the year!
And once again, it's that time of year when, utterly frantic from last-minute holiday shopping and fest writing, you pause for a moment and think, "Why yes! Signing up for another fest is exactly what I need to combat these holiday blues!"
Well, you're in luck! Sign-ups for Springsmut 2009 will begin shortly!
Like last year, we will be double-posting to LiveJournal and InsaneJournal, with comments enabled at both sites, though for the continued safety of our wonderful fanartists and despite LiveJournal's more tolerant stance as of late, fanart will be posted solely at InsaneJournal, and linked from LiveJournal. For those authors at InsaneJournal who do not wish their fic to be posted at LiveJournal for personal reasons, we will once again accommodate your requests, but we will still provide a link to your work in a LiveJournal post.
For those new to the community, please note that the community settings at LiveJournal are "explicit adult content." If you wish to join, you no longer need to request membership, simply click to join on the profile page. (If you are prohibited from joining for any reason, then you need to check your Date of Birth status for your journal. You must be 18 years of age to join. We're afraid we can't help you with that. Sorry.)
A few things to note:
1. The Sign-ups will be at LiveJournal only. We apologize to InsaneJournal-only users, but it's easier for us to keep them all in one location. If this is a problem for you, please let us know! Anonymous commenting is enabled, and we'll work with you where necessary. You must be 18 years of age before March 1, 2009 in order to participate in Springsmut.
2. We will cross-post all admin/mod posts to both communities.
3. Sign ups will begin on Sunday, December 14, 2008, and run until Friday, December 19, 2008, or capped at 90 participants, whichever comes first.
4. Assignments will go out before the end of the year, probably around Christmas, like last year.
5. Submissions will be due on February 8, 2009 and February 15, 2009. We will be staggering the due dates as follows: First- (new) and second-timers' fics and art will be due on February 8, 2009, and those who have previously participated in Springsmut two or more times will have a due date of February 15, 2009.
6. Posting will begin on March 1, 2009 at midnight and will run for the entire month.
If you have any questions at all, or any opinions you wish to express regarding any of the above, please do so. We want to hear from you!
Please do not sign up here. There will be a separate post for that. This post is informational only!
As always, we can be reached via comments to this entry or at email@example.com
Hope you're all enjoying the holiday season, and looking forward to a Smut-tastic Spring!
nqdonne & midnitemarauder